Search the forum,

Discuss Selectos D42/A Burner - damaged? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A Citron

Hello. I've a Selectos D42/A burner in an Trianco boiler. I've been told that the 'nose' of the burner (fire tube?) is damaged and that I need a new part (unavailable) or a new burner. I've looked on the internet for a photo of a 'good' one without success but I did find a couple of diagrams in parts or set-up diagrams. I cannot see any obvious damage on the burner, visually or by comparison with the diagrams. Could anyone who's familiar with these have a look at these pictures and tell me whether it looks right or not? Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2542.jpg
    IMG_2542.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2540.jpg
    IMG_2540.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2541c.jpg
    IMG_2541c.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 11
i would call an oftec techie in to look at it myself and follow their advice

I can't see anything obvious wrong with it in your photos, but perhaps it is faulty internally that your photos won't show.
I have a couple of those burners, both 'brand new' unused, although one has parts removed. I wouldn't recommend you bother holding on to that burner. It is a hardy old burner, but crude and a relic. Probably a lot of service people won't know much about them.
If possible, get your oil engineer to replace the burner with a suitable new burner as it should be more cost effective and more efficient than that burner. Or get a new condensing oil boiler with over 90% efficiency

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Selectos D42/A Burner - damaged? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm brand new to plumbing, heating systems, wiring etc and only started to read about it because I wanted to know why our CH would only work when HW was also on. I think we have a Y system based on the Honeywell 3 position diverter valve above the boiler. We have a Potterton EP2002...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Big gas noob here. We got a gas cooker installed a few days ago, and the gas cooker is now sitting quite far away from the wall (3cm which sounds like not much but throws the balance off of the kitchen), which means there's a large gap now between the cooker and the wall, but it now...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation on/around the grout between the floor tiles next to my toilet. I realised that the grout line right next to the toilet was in fact wet to the touch...
Replies
Views
New here so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I've just started having a problem with a toilet we had professional installed and wanted to get a second opinion on whether it was installed correctly or not. So we had a toilet with an integrated sink and concealed cistern installed 6...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock