Search the forum,

Discuss Securing sub contract work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gas safety guy

Hi guys

I am recently trained and Gas Safe Registered. I am currently trying to build clientele for Gas Safety Certs and PAT testing. Thinking of going it alone (currently dual fuel meter fitting but it's a slog at my age and having been self employed for 20 years in various guises it's hard to adjust to 'employment'!). So, was wondering if it's possible to secure servicing/maintenance contracts on a sub contract basis? Thinking this would keep me ticking over whilst I build reputation and get referrals etc? If you do this kind of work how did you come by it? I'm in Scotland and not seeing that many self-employed opportunities advertised but wondering if I could speculatively approach a few companies? The benefit of anyone else's experience on this would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Securing sub contract work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point having them empty. I was practically born in that flat but no point being sentimental if I'm not intending to stay in Italy (except as a Brexit...
Replies
Views
Hello, I currently work at a factory as an assistant engineer/ water manager, I am thinking of start working part-time as self-employed and if I see that I can build a reputation then I'll quit from the factory. I had my own plumbing/airconditioning company abroad for 15 years and then I moved...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
    • Agree
Hi, still rather new on the forum but i wondering what advice you can give on going it on your own and starting your own plumbing and heating business. Just the usual rules of thumb stuff, harsh lessons learnt and general order of process on making the big jump! A bit about me, I'm 33 years...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock