Search the forum,

Discuss second hand gas flue analyser? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi i have just completed my acs qualification and im looking at purchasing a gas flue analyser. as money is tight at the moment i was looking into second hand appliances. the question is if the analyser is still calibrated until december 2019 but has no certificate or a certificate in another persons name am i still able to use and sign off appliances with it, also do i need a printer to print recording off on site or is manually logging down the reading good enough. any info would be helpful.
thanks in advance

Manual logging is fine but printer looks better why not just get it calibrated in your name then you’re safe

thanks Riley i was looking into getting a new one but thought it may be cheaper to get second hand as i am just starting up. i think it would be better to have calibration in my name as you said. i think it may be a new one on the list . any recommendations for a reasonably priced unit?

It doesn't matter who's name it's in or who paid for it.

As an employee I've had many company owned analysers none had my name, or any owners name in fact, on the cert.
A new analyser comes with a calibration cert from the manufacturer dated before it was sold, so it can't have anyones name on it.

The analyser should have a sticker on it with details of who did the calibration and when it expires.
If it doesn't and you don't get a cert either you'd have to assume it's not calibrated.

thanks for the comment snowhead i appreciate it this could save me a few quid just as i get started off. i will look into second hand and make sure it has the calibration cert and sticker dated and see what prices i can get one for.

thanks for the comment snowhead i appreciate it this could save me a few quid just as i get started off. i will look into second hand and make sure it has the calibration cert and sticker dated and see what prices i can get one for.

One bit of advise one of my tutours gave us if buying second hand one is to get the serial number off the seller and double check with the manufacturer that it has not been reported stolen. According to him Anton (and I presume the other brands are the same) always check serial numbers as part of the calibration process and will return it to its rightful owner.

Hello joedye1989. I have just retired and have a Kane 455 with printer, bag, and various other accessories available. It needs calibration and a printer roll. If you are interested please contact me using a personal message - would have done that myself, but don’t know if able to, or how!

Reply to second hand gas flue analyser? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
Testo FREE Service Promotion. Buy a Testo flue gas analyser 300, 327 or 320B kit before 31st December and get a FREE 1st year service in 2022. Save over £100. Don't forget to register your analyser. More information here - https://corgi-direct.com/testo-flue-gas-analysers-18088-0000
Replies
Views
Up to 21% Off Testo 300 Flue Gas Analyser Range Offer Valid until 31/08/21 Excellent Special Offer on Testo 300 Flue Gas Analyser Range 😲 - https://campaign.emailblaster.cloud/MTU4NDA/24.html
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I’ve purchased a new build property and had a few issues with the unvented hot water system. I’ve now asked the developer, builder and plumber for proof of G3 certificate of the plumbers but have been told they have no need to show me this. I’ve searched the gas safe register and it’s not...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock