Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing a flue through a fibreglass roof in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Has anyone had to do this? A roofer was installing a new fibreglass roof and said he cannot seal the flue with a flat roof collar to the fibreglass.
Expects me to do the job. He is the roofer so surely he should know how to hey? But alas, I need to work out how this is done.

Cheers

Has anyone had to do this? A roofer was installing a new fibreglass roof and said he cannot seal the flue with a flat roof collar to the fibreglass.
Expects me to do the job. He is the roofer so surely he should know how to hey? But alas, I need to work out how this is done.
Cheers

I wouldn’t know how, but have you tried the roof manufactures tech helpline or boiler manu helpline?

Sounds like either he can’t be arsed or doesn’t know how to do it, the latter is hard to believe.
All they do is lay the matting and resin up to the top of the flashing tube and the vertical flue collar covers the the upper lip to waterproof it.

Simples

i dont see why not so that means you cant install a grp roof when theres a stack pipe going through it

sounds lazy

Thanks all. I thought it must be possible. I am really not sure why he couldn't do it though as it is what he does for a living. Contacting a few manufacturers to see what they say.

The way i've done it with sold fuel (large 8" od pipe) is get the roofers to raise a bit of 4x2 timber in a sort of box shape and glass up to it in a sloping fashion then fit a dektite over the top.

I've tried to flash band flat aluminium flashings or lead and it allways fails i assume from the expansion on glass??

I've allways wondered if theirs no ceiling in yet, stuff a builders bucket up in through the ply and glass up the side of the bucket then remove it afterwards.......

Hope this helps

:D

Reply to Sealing a flue through a fibreglass roof in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning Does anyone know a good course for roofing. At the moment we use a roofer to do the roof slate when we do a vertical flue but I am changing jobs and will now need to do this myself. Obviously only need a course that covers this if one exists.... Cheers
Replies
Views
I’ve to renew a Flue on a Vokera Unica HE today. Nothing wrong with it, there’s a new window going in and the flue needs moved along a bit. Maybe just a case of Fitting a 45 to the bend to take it out a bit. Anyway, I’ve never done this before, I never do maintenance work, only installs. Would...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Quoting for my first boiler installation with vertical flue going through pitched roof. It is 3 storey house, i am planning on getting a roofer to fit the flue through roof & flashing kit, would you say this would be best way to go about it? Can any roofer do this? and would they...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to run a 15mm pipe through a felted flat roof. Does anyone know of a collar or seal I can use to weather it?
Replies
Views
Burger
B
I've just turned a boiler off yesterday due to an escape but noticed the flue passed through the ceiling and into the flat upstairs. Now I know that this is allowed in existing installations prior to 2010 but this is only a few months old. It's slightly complicated in that the building is an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock