Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss !!! SEALEAK!!! The NEW Plumbing leak Clip. in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Sealeak Clip

Sealeak Clip New Member

SEALEAK the new plumbing leak Clip that seals a leak in a household water pipe in just a few seconds using just your hands or a small pair of pliers, will be available this January. Video to follow soon. Please visit my website to register your interest via the contact page or for more information and prices. Email: [email protected].
    Sealeak.weebly.com

IMG_20181213_192359.jpg

IMG_20181214_125145.jpg

IMG_20181214_125538.jpg

IMG_20181213_192055.jpg

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Trust you have the required clearance to advertise here then?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. DuncanM

DuncanM Plumber GSR

Temporary fix for a householder to get them out of a hole. Not for me though. About as useful to me as a chocolate kettle.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Hmmm. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I don’t think it’s worth the money. First of all you require some space to put the clip around and perhaps using a pliers. Secondly why putting it around the pipe if you can sort the leak in an appropriate way. Perhaps for a households person good until the engineer comes out but other than that don’t see the point of using it. I could use a jubilee clip with some piece of rubber for a temporary fix.

6. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

We have similar products over here, although ours we have to do up with a spanner or the like.
    Only ever used them for temporary repairs on water or gas pipes.
    Mind you, I have uncovered some that have been used to stop leaks and have not had any issues for 10 or so years.

7. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

On gas pipes ?

8. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

Absolutely.
    They hold back 1000 kPa of water pressure, They are more than adequate of holding back 2 kPa of gas pressure.
    As said - only used for temporary repairs.

9. tolly

tolly Plumber GSR

Nothing new here really. The same as the kibosh jobbie that rothenberger bought.

Oz, your sounds like whats used underground over here...viking johnson easiclamp fittings.

A leaking straight piece of pipe rarely happens except through corrosion. Its normally a fitting or a nail through a pipe where it passes a joist...both of which this would be unsuitable for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sealeak Clip

Sealeak Clip New Member

This is only a temporary fix whilst awaiting a plumbing professional to attend and minimise water damage, or for a plumber to apply whilst draining down the system again to minimise water damage.

11. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Jubilee clip and a piece of rubber

• Like Like x 1
  12. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

Sounds like too much stuffing around..
    There are specific made items to do the job.
    They cost, but can be re-used.
    I have a couple in the van that I have sold to customers at least 10 times.
    Temporary repair - permanent repair - sell to next customer for temporary repair and so on