Search the forum,

Discuss Sds max in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Right then I am pricing a few jobs which will involve drilling through nice thick granite walls!

Now I have long ads drill bits that are long enough but after my last run in with these walls which pretty much killed me and my drill (4 1/2 hours to get 3 28mm through the wall) I have decided that I need to get a half decent sds max and drill bits including txt core bit for upto 5" (although I think knocking the wall down and rebuilding it would be a better option)

So what drills are half decent? I don't want to break the bank so Hilti are out of the question.

Also I am after long drill bits upto 30mm plus in diameter. I have seen them somewhere but can't remember where.

Yeah, as Ray quoted, you would be better off hiring a core set with drill from tool hire depot.

Yeah, as Ray quoted, you would be better off hiring a core set with drill from tool hire depot.

The amount of granite cottages down here it's not worth hiring one every time. Just to run a 22mm gas pipe through a house took 4 hours with a sds plus 30mm drill bit then a core bit and core drill as I can't get a long 30mm in sds+.

The amount of granite cottages down here it's not worth hiring one every time. Just to run a 22mm gas pipe through a house took 4 hours with a sds plus 30mm drill bit then a core bit and core drill as I can't get a long 30mm in sds+.

Funny you bring this up as I found this earlier in the week:

Professional SDS Plus Hammer Masonry Drill Bit 30mm x 1000mm - High Quality | eBay

First one I've found. SDS Max gets expensive, I priced a DeWalt one up recently at about ÂŁ600 + VAT. 3 year warranty though on dewalt.

I saw a Bosch for about ÂŁ400 the other day the only thing is I bought a cheap Bosch 24v and it was terrible.

I need to get one hiring isn't an option really as loads of the jobs down here involve granite cottages. I was hoping including bits to get around ÂŁ1000-ÂŁ1200 in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sds max in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a seaside apartment in Azerbaijan, currently a bare core & shell, not even internal walls yet, and am intending to put in wet UFH with ceramic tiles on top. Although we will get someone to do this for us, in my experience here it's always best to have a pretty good idea of what needs...
Replies
Views
What's with the lack of sds max adapters for diamond cores. I see countless sds plus bits as well as sds plus to keyed chuck adapter but I can't find any sds max bits. Any one any ideas
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock