Search the forum,

Discuss SDS Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't go wrong with the Makita HR2470 for light work including small core bit drilling. I'm on my second one but only after lending out and losing my previous 12 year old one. Get one for around £95 if you look around, you'll never look back trust me!

Can't go wrong with the Makita HR2470 for light work including small core bit drilling. I'm on my second one but only after lending out and losing my previous 12 year old one. Get one for around £95 if you look around, you'll never look back trust me!

got a 710 w makita 110 sds,worth lugging round a transformer as you can abuse the drill all day

You should get yourself an apprentice or a labourer they are much more fun to abuse all day !

they have ''got rights'' these days as they tell me,nothing beats sodomising the apprentice before dinner,its a ''power thing'' i am not gay

I wonder if its possible one day to buy a really small compact 10.8V SDS drill for taking up ladders for 7mm holes...obviously not for 30mm holes but just to save you having a huge drill to content with just to fix up brackets.

I'd buy that.

hmmm, reduced power i guess ?

i'll be grabbing one after xmas, i too dislike taking a chunky sds up to fix clips !!
i take the 12v impact up with me too.
that couple of pounds of weight makes a huge difference when you're up a ladder.
i think it will be a good little tool for most things, most of the holes we drill are 10mm and under for fixings anyway.
it's only when you want to do bigger holes for pipes ect ect.

not to mention i have an SDS to hex bit so could use it for spade bits aswell or even screw driving

hmmm, reduced power i guess ?

i'll be grabbing one after xmas, i too dislike taking a chunky sds up to fix clips !!
i take the 12v impact up with me too.
that couple of pounds of weight makes a huge difference when you're up a ladder.
i think it will be a good little tool for most things, most of the holes we drill are 10mm and under for fixings anyway.
it's only when you want to do bigger holes for pipes ect ect.

not to mention i have an SDS to hex bit so could use it for spade bits aswell or even screw driving

You really do love tool shopping lol. I bet you've got a graveyard of tools at home. Everything you owned pre-Milwaukee

You really do love tool shopping lol. I bet you've got a graveyard of tools at home. Everything you owned pre-Milwaukee

aha. I killed my makita corded sds last week. Need to replace that!! Hey you cant complain!!!

safe gas i have a 38.8 Panasonic which is pretty good. Too damned heavy most of the time.

aha. I killed my makita corded sds last week. Need to replace that!! Hey you cant complain!!!

safe gas i have a 38.8 Panasonic which is pretty good. Too damned heavy most of the time.

How did you kill your drill 1king55?? can it not be mended?

it was on it's way out anyway and then i hit a cable. tis out of warranty so i'll give it to my friend and see if he can fix it.

I bought this from TS not long ago, it is a load of rubbish, a combi on hammer is faster and if you have any other cordless SDS drills, you will never use it. I sold mine 5 days later on ebay with one of the batteries for £205 + delivery, so only paid what i would have anyway for one of the 4ah batteries, which are brilliant on the other gear.

I think Gas has just ruined your Christmas 1king55......

At least go try it first, i assumed it would be good because the rest of the stuff is. Up a ladder just use existing 18v SDS and clip it into a carabiner, 12v impact in side pocket.

At least go try it first, i assumed it would be good because the rest of the stuff is. Up a ladder just use existing 18v SDS and clip it into a carabiner, 12v impact in side pocket.

oh the first 12 sds isn't the best.
i had a go on the 12v fuel sds which is far far better

that's the one i'll get :)

It is still only a a couple of kg's difference between them though , but the 18v will do a 7mm in seconds, where as the 12v takes 10s of seconds. Net result = takes longer, tires you out just as much, doesn't have rotostop and costs you several hundred quid.

That is my experience anyway, but i havn't use the new ones, I just don't think there is enough physical weight behind it to be effective.

I have a different drill for every screw, but stick to old faithful and the rest just live in mmilwaukiee van vault laughing at me !

got to take my 3 month old sds Makita hr260 back tomorrow the clutch has gone - I have only drilled 7mm holes in brick and 22mm in wood with spade bit - not happy.thinking about the hitachi in screw fix £100 until I get mine back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to SDS Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello guys, an easy one: I recently had to drill through two outside walls to run 15mm pipes for a shower and sink. The holes are neat enough but need to be closed off to prevent draughts. Can I use expanding foam to block them? I wouldn't do this with central heating pipes, but the shower and...
Replies
Views
hi all i need some help and advice i am tiling around 2 shower pipe fittings. as the measurements were intricate i was practicing on off cuts and trying to create a template. I've noticed when i drill holes into the tiles sometimes they would crack. i don't use any pressure or drill too fast...
Replies
Views
Hello, A year ago I bought the Mapei Shower waterproofing kit from B&Q, the one that comes in a bucket and has the waterproofing material and the tape. Circumstances changed and I was not able to do the shower upgrade until now. I had a look at the bucket and see that the product seems to...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'd like to get some advice on the following issue. We have relatively large tiles (see image 1), and the idea was that the vertical grout line on the would be covered by the (mount of the) bath screen. The 2nd fix has just happened, and the screen was fixed slightly off the line. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock