Search the forum,

Discuss Scrappage is back (London only) - Boris's boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
They reckon theres still millions of the old band G boilers out there.

Give it a couple more years and most of the combis replaced under the original scheme will be due for replacement.

It may not actually matter whether the boiler qualifies or not.

Going back to the 2010 scheme, the increase in boiler sales was significantly higher than the number of funded transactions.

The only explanation seems to be that people got the idea of changing the boiler, and even if it didn't qualify, some people went ahead anyway.

Kitchen fitters also got an unexpected boost from the 2010 scrappage scheme, simply because it got people thinking about re-shaping their kitchens.

Anything that keeps boiler changes in the news is good !

Roman Abramovich can now afford to change his boiler and the Duke of Westminster can change one in all his properties.

Pimlico Plumbers. Tory party fundraising. Tory party conference. Obviously no connection.

I read earlier that Worcester are going to give an extra ÂŁ100 cash back to households who have one of their boilers fitted in the scheme.

I read earlier that Worcester are going to give an extra ÂŁ100 cash back to households who have one of their boilers fitted in the scheme.

So they should!

I'm sure the landlords will milk the system. I'm all for helping the o.a.p's and those in genuine hardship but not landlords.
And whys in always in that there London taaaaaaaan?!

Its because boris is london mayor mate thats why.

Be nice to see it go national and hopefully that green deal sham never comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scrappage is back (London only) - Boris's boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and I believe, they are decommissioning the back boiler. I have only discovered today there is no access to the water jacket, so will it be good enough...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a recommendation for a heat only boiler to replace my 30yrs old ideal boiler. Any makes you would recommend and any to avoid? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
L
I can see the small leak in back boiler, have tried all sorts of products to seal it. have drained the radiators but pressure from water in actual and pipes boiler keeping it wet!! any ideas please to seal, its my only heating.
Replies
Views
LyndaB
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock