Search the forum,

Discuss scaffold tubes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

is it possible to bend scaffold tubing, if so, what with?.
i dont think my pipe bender is up to it and i only have a 22mm slide.:6:

is it possible to bend scaffold tubing, if so, what with?.
i dont think my pipe bender is up to it and i only have a 22mm slide.:6:
you cant make a exhaust out of scaffold tube for your landy you tight git go buy a stainless one:coolgleamA:

you probably can with heat and a jig of some sort. do you know any blacksmiths?

a hydraulic bender would be my choice of weapon, similar ones are used for mild steel pipe for heating, not too sure on the bending capabilities of scaffold tube anyway, why do you want to bend it though ?

ah ah,!
hire ones a good idea unless i find a local 'favour'.lol
side steps, seen the price of them?. i have all the gear apart from the bender to make me own...plus a few for fleabay.

Load it with dry sand, plug the ends, heat up and bend. There's a formula to work out but years since I did it. Summat along the lines of 5 x pipe O.D. is your heat length, this is split into thirds, so if you want the centre of the bend 3ft from the end, subtract a bore and a wall then mark the pipe (this will be the centre of the bend) Mark 1 third of the heat length towards the end you measured from and 2 thirds the other way. Get it cherry red and keep the outside of the bend heated while bending as it needs to stretch........... And if that works, mines a pint!

geez!!
if i heat it up then hold one end in my teeth, burn me fingers on the other end..........

sounds dangerous to me.lol. thanks for technique though but i think its a bit tough to do safely.

what do you class as a tight bend, quality?.

i only want to kick it in 40degrees so it goes under the cills then chop of to around 5'', i dont need a 90deg in it.

what you doing at the weekend?. i am coming past your way............or is it for sale?.:)

sounds a good option lee.
nearly bought some steps the other day went for Ā£50 for the five.!.

steps or sliders???

geez!!
if i heat it up then hold one end in my teeth, burn me fingers on the other end..........

sounds dangerous to me.lol. thanks for technique though but i think its a bit tough to do safely.

what do you class as a tight bend, quality?.

i only want to kick it in 40degrees so it goes under the cills then chop of to around 5'', i dont need a 90deg in it.

what you doing at the weekend?. i am coming past your way............or is it for sale?.:)
I am away this weekend but pm your number and we can maybe arrange another weekend

my daughters at leeds uni, so up and down m1 when she needs picking up.
its toward end this week or next?.

scaffold tube does bend well. It did on one site i worked on when the forks fell over onto the scaffolding, the guys on the scaffolding at the time where no to impressed with the forks driver.

'quality'

sorry, fetched daughter tuesday late night.

are you in sunny donny?

I am not far away but will be on saturday cause I'm of to IOM

not seen any tt's for ages now:bucktooth:

land rover trials this weekend for me:smartass:

It is possible, all me mates there. Are you going for the day or camping

As they say "Eager for Belvoir" and for those that don't know its pronounced Beaver

well yeh!, long story there.....

we are going on the sunday as its golf comp in the morning.

plan was get the dog into kennels, pick up the tent from me bro's, found out wednesday that pitch booking was due by 25th may not sure on toilet fac's either.
i was going to do the tyro with the family but not got lrc membership.
so dumped that idea so just going for the sunday instead and will go on the 4 mile tour.
any luck i may spot some tt's or beaver?

Load it with dry sand, plug the ends, heat up and bend.

I've seen this done but it's a bit of an acquired art. You need to weld the ends closed once it's full of sand and also drill a small vent hole in each end otherwise any moisture blows out as superheated stem. We cold bend up to 40mm tube with a large hand bender that's bolted to a bench. The results are pretty good but if you're wanting a result with a great looking uniform finish then a hydraulic bender is better. Most exhaust shops have one and will usually give you a decent price for one-off jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to scaffold tubes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock