Search the forum,

Discuss Saunier Duval Boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

badbaz

Hi, I'm after for some advice on a pressure issue with my boiler.

It's a Saunier Duval Themaclassic F18E SB. When the heating switches on via timer the boiler won't fire because the pressure gauge is flashing showing only 1bar of pressure, the red light is also flashing. If I open the water supply valve the pressure rises and immediately the boiler fires up and will run all day.

Overnight, maybe over a couple of days the same problem occurs as the pressure drops too low. There is no sign of leaks, the radiators are all full and when bled only water comes out. It seems no matter how much I pressurise the system it drops back again and no heating!!

Thanks for looking.

pressurise your sytem to 1.5 bar, turn on the boiler and turn central heating upto max, monitor the pressure gauge and see what pressure it rises to. if it rises rapidly upto 3.5 bar you will then see the prv blowing off, and if this occurs you need to repressurise you expn vessel or if you see water coming out of he shraeder valve on the expn vssl you need to replace it as your diaphram has perforated.

It is possibly the flexible hose going to the expansion vessel in the boiler it is probably blocked thats what happens to my saunier

de presurise the boiler expansion vessel is inside boiler follow the braided hose to the hydroblock ther should be a clip onto the hydroblock undo clip put the end of the hose in a bucket and shove a piece of solder up the hose to unblock it and re assemble

Id try what i advised first before you decide to deconstruct your boiler, it may be you just need some air in the expansion vessel or may already have failed and need anew epn vssl.

Dont forget fireblade is a plumber and makes it sound easy, saunier joints/clips have a habit of cracking, so be careful and dont floof your pcb which will cost around £150 to replace just for parts. How do I know, only did one last month where someone had had a go at replace a leaky prv (without depressurising the boiler lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I very much appreciate your advice. You are experienced in these things and work with them every day. If i were to describe a job on your car to you, I have no doubt you could do it but when I described it to you then you'd say, hold on, a bit at a time!

Can you tell me which I should do first and how to go about it? Bare in mind the boiler isn't in front of me right now, I have any amount of tools available and I'm more than capable of following your instructions.

I can take pics if you need me to?

Cheers

go online, look up saunier duvals website, Removed a look for the installation instructions and pull them up. they will list step by step how to remove expn vessel. recharge it etc.

go online, look up saunier duvals website, Removed a look for the installation instructions and pull them up. they will list step by step how to remove expn vessel. recharge it etc.

I'll give it a go thanks

Thanks for the help - today I took off the braided hose and checked to see if blocked - not sure if it may have been just barely blocked - refitted and pumped up the expansion vessel which did have pressure to begin with but not sure how much!

Time will tell if it's a success!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saunier Duval Boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock