Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflo water pressure seems low in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, Last night our Saniplus unit started running continuously, failing to pump out water. I tried looking for blockages but couldn't find any. When I disconnected the discharge pipe and directed it into a bucket, water was pumped out ok but the pressure seemed fairly low.

Having spent quite a bit of time today taking it apart and checking the pressure chamber, impeller, and cutter, I can't see anything that might be causing a problem.

Does this just mean the motor needs replacement? Or is there something else I could check?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have checked again, removing pressure chamber, impeller, basket, and cutter. I can't see anything causing a problem.

I guess there could be some problem with the non return valve. It's basically working since water's being pumped through it, but maybe it's not opening fully?

Pretty sure the motor is a lot more noisy than normal. So still thinking that is the problem.

Have checked again, removing pressure chamber, impeller, basket, and cutter. I can't see anything causing a problem.

I guess there could be some problem with the non return valve. It's basically working since water's being pumped through it, but maybe it's not opening fully?

Pretty sure the motor is a lot more noisy than normal. So still thinking that is the problem.
Why remove the pressure chamber, never mind- Pass
NRV could be a possibility.
Motor noiser than normal you say, for a houseownern to notice that I`d say it is time for a new one IF you are certain it is not being asked to work harder than normal.

Yeah wish I'd spent a bit more time listening to it when it was working :D I've unblocked it a few times over the years and listened to it afterwards to check it sounds healthy. I'm pretty sure it sounds noisier and kind of rough compared to before.

Have just checked the NRV btw. Seems fine. Opens when pushed then closes back down. Flexible hose is clear too.

It's quite an old unit and I could really do with a shower (!) so I'll see if I can get a replacement motor, or failing that a new unit.

One slight concern is that we have a bath (as well as WC, sink and shower) connected to it, and reading the installation instructions for existing SaniPlus or newer replacements, connecting a bath doesn't seem to be allowed. Do you know the reason for that? Installing a separate pump just for the bath is probably a bit more work than I have spare time for at the moment!

Thanks for your help!

Yeah wish I'd spent a bit more time listening to it when it was working :D I've unblocked it a few times over the years and listened to it afterwards to check it sounds healthy. .............It's quite an old unit and I could really do with a shower (!) so I'll see if I can get a replacement motor, or failing that a new unit.

One slight concern is that we have a bath (as well as WC, sink and shower) connected to it, and reading the installation instructions for existing SaniPlus or newer replacements, connecting a bath doesn't seem to be allowed. Do you know the reason for that? Installing a separate pump just for the bath is probably a bit more work than I have spare time for at the moment!

Thanks for your help!
Unblocked a few times & quite old you say, time for a new one, complete new one as you wont find a new old stock motor anywhere.

New regs - You can blame the French and the Germans for that after a falling out, I`d just replace like for like and sod the warranty, in fact a decent engineer would ask if it replaced an existing one and let the warranty claim stand.

Reply to Saniflo water pressure seems low in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock