Discuss Salus RT510TX stopped working? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, my thermostat is about a year old and the screen has gone blank, changed the batteries. Then opened up the back and the on buttons were at the off position so clicked them back on. However its still not working, is there anything else I can try? The receiver now has a flashing red light so assume its not connected to thermostat because its not working? Help please

Under 12 months call manufacturer over you may be looking at new

I had the same issue with this receiver today, all i did was move the thermostat from one room to another. Changing the dip switches on the back made no difference (these only control the 5+2 or 7 day program and +.25 or +.5 degree increments) I opened up the thermostat and metered the battery connections on the board and they did not supply any voltage to the board, all I had to do was push down firmly where the solder terminals are and it worked straight away with no further issues. If that doesn't work it might need re-soldering which any halfwit can do (even me:)
the red blinking light on receiver means they're not paired, so when the red light is blinking hold down the pairing button beneath the battery cover for 3 secs once the flashing red light goes solid red press the pair button again for 3 secs and enjoy :p

typical trades!!!
Well then my friend that clearly makes you the expert doesn’t it Sometimes you have to look at it from the perspective of somebody that can’t sort it out them self whether it’s worth wasting hours of the plumbers time and labour or just replacing the unit sometimes works out cheaper

I had the same issue with this receiver today, all i did was move the thermostat from one room to another. Changing the dip switches on the back made no difference (these only control the 5+2 or 7 day program and +.25 or +.5 degree increments) I opened up the thermostat and metered the battery connections on the board and they did not supply any voltage to the board, all I had to do was push down firmly where the solder terminals are and it worked straight away with no further issues. If that doesn't work it might need re-soldering which any halfwit can do (even me:)
the red blinking light on receiver means they're not paired, so when the red light is blinking hold down the pairing button beneath the battery cover for 3 secs once the flashing red light goes solid red press the pair button again for 3 secs and enjoy :p
So all you did was move it from one room to another?? And the display cam on? Then you said you took it apart and messed with the connections? So you did do more than more it to a different room and it wasn’t as simple as you said?

Thing is there are some people nowadays to whom ÂŁ30 is a big difference between food or heating, let us not forget them.
If that’s the case mate then I would link out the receiver and control it form the boiler until they could afford to have it done correctly.

This exact thing happened to me. I moved it and the display went blank. I followed your instructions and it now works again. Thanks for posting, got me out of trouble.
[automerge]1579368854[/automerge]
I know mate. ;) But there post annoyed me.
Useful info annoyed you lol

Last edited:
Hey guys I’m a spark not a plumber so maybe walking in to the lions den a bit here but like the man said £30 is food for some. I had the same issue. Scoped it and found everything was working but the display wasn’t showing anything. traced it to a poor connection on the LCD. If you take the plastic surround off the LCD it will lift away along with a shitty rubbery contact strip (that’s the problem) then you can get to the contacts underneath, give them a wipe, then i folded a bit of paper in half and put it on top of the LCD just at the top so when it was screwed in again it was a bit tighter against the contacts. Not had any problems since. Once you know what it is it’s a 2 min job.
Hopefully this helps someone.

Hi, my thermostat is about a year old and the screen has gone blank, changed the batteries. Then opened up the back and the on buttons were at the off position so clicked them back on. However its still not working, is there anything else I can try? The receiver now has a flashing red light so assume its not connected to thermostat because its not working? Help please

Hi. I the dame problem... Last night my wife set the temp a little bit higher and in the morning the screen was blank....
So, after researching a little, i decided to dissasembly it. I took off the 4 screws in the back holding the case, and after that another 2 screws holding the electronic board. Then i gently pressed with a flat screwdriver against the display connections and the battery connections and put it back toghether. I was surprised that it turned back on!
So, my problem was with the soldered connections. If i will have the same problem, i will resolder that connections.
Have a good day!

Hi guys, I've had the exact same problem today and the Mrs called Salus support line.

Nothing on the thermostat display screen, changing batteries didn't work!

So the guy on the phone tells us to take out the batteries and leave it for a full ten minutes, before putting batteries back in (must be alkaline he stated) and leaving it for ten minutes.
Imagine me rolling my eyes at this moronic idea! "Ye rite, as if that's going to do anything!"

So imagine our surprise when after doing this it worked and the screen came back on! No dismantling, no switches, no repairing to the boiler just leave it with no batteries in for ten mins then put batteries in for ten mins!

Wonder how many people have purchased a new thermostat with this issue having jot realised!

Good luck people.

Hi guys, I've had the exact same problem today and the Mrs called Salus support line.

Nothing on the thermostat display screen, changing batteries didn't work!

So the guy on the phone tells us to take out the batteries and leave it for a full ten minutes, before putting batteries back in (must be alkaline he stated) and leaving it for ten minutes.
Imagine me rolling my eyes at this moronic idea! "Ye rite, as if that's going to do anything!"

So imagine our surprise when after doing this it worked and the screen came back on! No dismantling, no switches, no repairing to the boiler just leave it with no batteries in for ten mins then put batteries in for ten mins!

Wonder how many people have purchased a new thermostat with this issue having jot realised!

Good luck people.
Brilliant ! i did exactly the same thing , waited for 20 minutes infact to be sure and abraca dabra, display came on as soon i put the batteries in. Also the blinking light on the receiver went solid rightaway.

Reply to Salus RT510TX stopped working? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back