Search the forum,

Discuss salus it 500 BM, No hot water control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have recently had a External Worcester Greenstar Heatslave II 18/25 External Combination Boiler Oil ErP installed which is controlled by a salus it 500BM
I understand at the time, there had been a mix up and the incorrect Salus was installed and it should have been the salus it 500 and i only found out that i had a issue when i realised that i had no control over the hot water.
I understand that the BM is only one channel and will only run on the CH.
I have spoken to salus a number of times who had informed me that i just need to exchange the receiver that connects to the combie boiler and i have explained this to the heating engineer and the merchant who ordered the part in. On Friday the merchant informed me that Salus is saying that if i want to control hot water, then it needs to be hard wired in and the heating engineer is saying that hard wiring is not an option and cant be done, So i thought i would ask you fellow members if this is true and if possible to you recommend a control system that is plug in to the Combi, set up the WiFi and control the hot water and heating from anywhere in the world.

Thank you for any help

Where's the receiver in relation to the boiler?

Thank you for the warm welcome, Reason for controlling the hot water is Because we only use the hot water twice a day, early morning and late evening, plus we are out of the country half of the year and it would be nice to be leaving where ever and switching on the heating before coming home and at the moment the hot water would be on for all the time we are away wasting oil. The receiver fits onto the front panel of the combie The salus replaces whats on the panel

Greenstar Comfort II RF (on boiler blank) Insitu Image 3-400x_.jpg

wbc_reciever_1_.jpg

Worcester comfort 2 then

Will this need hard wired in or is it plug in and connect up to the thermostat and sort out the wifi

Plug in and will replace your salus unit

Wifi ??

Hive or nest then

I will have a look, Noticed the Worcester Bosch Wave, but that needs hard wired which the heating engineer said that it was not possible, unless its just to much hassle for him

I will have a look, Noticed the Worcester Bosch Wave, but that needs hard wired which the heating engineer said that it was not possible, unless its just to much hassle for him

You can hard wire them

Is it easy to do, I do most of my electric's in the house and i wired up my old combi boiler years ago, Its just i thought these days it was plug in and use. Maybe there is something on youtube that might show me what needs done

I would get an oftec engy to do the wiring as it will invalidate the warranty if something goes wrong

The Plumbers merchant and the heating engineer are looking at solutions next week, But i said i would try and ask around. personally, I dont see any reason for it not to have been hard wired, but because the way the pipework has been done and everything now complete, its going to be a pain to run a wire to the combi outside, but it could be done i am sure

The way i understand this, I have 240 v running to the Combi which could be used for both the hot water and the central heating, so no need to run another 240 cable to the combi.

This is sounding very complicated since the Combi is external and because is just a new install and under warranty, means that i cant interfere with the wiring and because i dont know the wiring set up, Then i will just have to trust that the heating engineer will not fob me off.

The confusion is when i am speaking to salus who informed me that it was a matter of changing over receivers, but they told the plumbers merchant that it will need hard wired which for me its all confusing.

Maybe there is another solution to my problem and that's to put a Wi-Fi Controlled switching13A Fused Switched Spur
WiFi Controlled 13A Fused Switched Spur - Internal use only

Reply to salus it 500 BM, No hot water control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock