1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Salamander rp100 tu pump advice in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

hi guys, do you know if this pump can operate for the use only hot water? Or does it require both hot and cold connected?
    Only reason asking customers has purchased wrong pump and I only need to boost the hot supply.

Regards

2. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Dont both impellers spin when prompted??? It will burn out in no time

3. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

I thought if it's a twin pump that there only activated by a flow switch so if I don't have a connection on the cold side and only on the hot, the cold won't be activated which won't burn out?

4. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I may be wrong fella hopefully I am but I can’thelp remembering this question being asked revently

5. deg

deg Member

A pumped hot and a cold mains can be difficult to balance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

True however we don`t know the application.

7. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

It is a decent enough pump make an offer and keep it back as stock.

Wouldn`t do it because they have seals and the seals in the dry chamber need to be wet to last on top of that there is only one shaft with two bearings and by only using one end chamber the shaft will be out of balance from the load causing an early death for both bearings.

• Like Like x 2
  8. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

You could put the hot through both sides and re-combine after outlet.

9. SalamanderPumps

SalamanderPumps New Member

Hello,

Twin pumps should always operate with water (hot and cold) running through each end of the pump. As RPM mentioned above, there are seals in the pump - To be specific, they are mechanical shaft seals, one part is static, while the other is rotary and turns with the shaft. They are designed to self lubricate from the water, so if one end is dry, they will become damaged, leading to either a leak or seized pump. If you would like to give us a call on 01915162002, we can see which pump would be the best option for you.