Search the forum,

Discuss Salamander Pump Placement Help - With Diagram To Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All,

Firstly I am a DIYer, generally a fairly competent one… (he says!). I am looking for some advice on the placement of a pump (Salamander Force CT 30). The aim was to have the pump as a whole of house pump, but if not with my setup, just for my showers. I have attached a basic drawing of my system which I hope will help. My main issue is around the hot water supply from the cylinder. From the 22mm connection it flows to a usual T and then up to the expansion and down to supply the rest of the house. I will be putting a Surrey flange on the tank to draw the water without air. I would then, generally I think, put the pump on the flow from the outlet sideways from the flange, piped near to the base of the cylinder etc. However, here comes my problem/lack of knowledge… As my boiler is located on the first floor, the expansion pipe also appears to T off on the floor above and supply hot water to two of my showers. The other run from the T goes up into the loft and into the expansion tank.

So, based on the above I have two questions: 1. Is this set up correct and standard? 2. Where should I be placing my pump to ensure the showers both benefit?

Thanks in advance – I really appreciate your help, my brain just isn’t good enough!

mBUjyK

Can you run a new vent ??

From the cylinder to the tank

Thanks Shaun, I appreciate your help. I have attached a drawing/scribble of what I think you mean - green are new runs and pump placement.
Essentially, I would run a new vent from the top of the s-flange and then use previous vent/feed pipework to run everything else only - elbow off instead of a T where it used to go up to vent. Then put pump on the feed run coming from the horizontal run from the s flange. The drawing may explain this better!!

Thanks in advance.

Jack pump rejig

Yea that's it cap after the last supply then install a new vent from where you cut down to the s flange

Reply to Salamander Pump Placement Help - With Diagram To Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock