Search the forum,

Discuss saferty alert Sime Format C boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mrs Tara Plumbi

got this email, you may have it too sharing just incase:
Dear Registered Engineer,
This Safety Alert has been published to highlight a possible safety issue with the Sime “Format C” boilers, models 80C, 100C and 110C. A small number of these boilers (less than 1%) have malfunctioned due to a faulty printed circuit board. This has resulted in severe overheating of the appliance.

Background
Gas Safe registered engineers that encounter any of these boilers that are not already modified, should advise their customers immediately that the boiler should not be used until a manufacturer supplied safety kit is fitted.

The safety kit comprises of a manual reset overheat thermostat, securing spring and necessary electrical connection components Part No. 8089851. For reference safety kit installation instructions can be read here.

Action to take
It is not possible to prevent the failure of the printed circuit board.

Registered engineers are able to obtain the safety kit on a free of charge basis by contacting Sime Ltdon 0845 901 1114.

Further information

Contact Sime Ltd on 0845 901 1114 for further information regarding this issue.

Free safety kit but do they have to be fitted for free?

i love this line
Action to take
It is not possible to prevent the failure of the printed circuit board.

surrely this is admitting the appliance is not fit for pupose in the condition it was sold and therefore should be returnable
i only quickly looked at the kit but i looked like the reset is inside the boiler so a call out every time it needs reseting

Looks a bit naughty, surely Sime should be locating these boilers and swapping the parts themselves. If I had one of these boilers and somebody wanted to charge me for this then I wouldn't be a happy bunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to saferty alert Sime Format C boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have gleamed some great knowledge from this site, finally signed up as I cant find an exact answer to the below. I'm not a heating engineer, but an electrical...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Hello to the forum, I just thought I would share this response from GAs-safe.. I had occasion to suspect that an install was dangerous by a non qualified engineer in a commercial kitchen where people are working so I alerted gas safe to the fact , I guess that was a mistake but the reply is...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see something that makes sense to them. We live in a council property, and a couple of years ago our boiler (a Promax 28 Combi) started flashing us the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Ideal boiler loosing pressure (AT WITS END) Hi all looking to converse about my boiler problem with people with knowledge. I’d be grateful for advice. System Ideal Vogue S32 System Boiler Everflow Stainless unvented hot water cylinder (EN 300 P5)(300 liters) Drayton Mitime T740R...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock