Search the forum,

Discuss Sabre 29he boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piperdave22

Gas Engineer
for some reason my other post has been deleted :s

Sabre 29he Combi , originally customer said it was clicking on and off on hot water so thought it was heat plate blocked causing it to reach temp to quick and cut out so I have changed heatplate and changed divertor at the same time but not the head. After I got parts he said it was doing it on heating aswell
After I fitted parts I stayed there for 15 mins and all was working fine got him to check everything and he was more than happy .
But that evening it went back to what it was doing originally and it’s locked to solid red light in manual it says NTC open /short circuit so have ordered both ntc sensors and going to replace them but any advice from anyone that’s worked on these would be appreciated please!

Would you be able to help at all? Have a video if that helps

@king of pipes, @Harvest Fields, @ShaunCorbs,

Post the vid up if you can

It’s had a heatplate,divertor,ntc sensors and overheat stat fitted. It’s a lot better than it was but seems on heating it does this intermittently but once fired will stay on till it reaches temp etc sometimes it will fire straight away though.
My thoughts are the pcb but obviously it’s an expensive part to try if it still doesn’t work after.

Last edited:
Did you check to see if the power was dropping from the board to the gas valve when trying to light?

Looking at the manual now these also had a issue with the condense wasting away.

Have uploaded a pic it has two pcbs pretty sure it’s the 29he not the plus number 19 and 20 in pic
Haven’t checked the pcbs yet no
And do you have any more info about the condense problem?

3290A5D4-F9BA-482B-812D-4C6535133D32.png

At 14 secs and 32 secs on the video if you turn volume right up you can here it sparking .
When it cuts out it just constantly tries to relight until it’s lights up then it will stay on till it’s reached temp etc

Gas valve def letting gas through when it sparks ?

Gas valve def letting gas through when it sparks ?
It looks like it is letting some through then switching off but he said it continues sparking. Board or valve for me. But without being there that’s not 100% mate.

4 and 5 on the gas valve looks like it's 230v maybe

Most problems on these boilers are a blocked venturi on the fan, the primary NTC or the pcb. If its cycling really bad, also check the pump and main heat exchanger for blockages.

Pretty sure it’s not pump or heat exchanger as still doing what it’s meant to be sometimes struggling sort of intermittent.
Have blown out aps tubes didn’t seem to make any difference .
It locked out on red once and it said ntc in manual so have replaced ntc sensors
I’m going to test pcb / gas valve and ring vokera tomorrow and see what they suggest .
Will keep you updated

make sure its before 10am as they leave early :D

Just spoke to a guy that’s pretty much asleep on the phone lol.
He said to try taking the fan out completely cleaning the fan and Venturi . Check there’s no flue blockages , check main heat exchanger and condense heat exchanger?

I have spoke to vokera repairs and they charge £285 inc vat fixed price repair. Covering up to £450
Looking for advice is it worth me going to take the fan out and cleaning out the Venturi, condense heat exhanger .
Or is it mostly likely to be gas valve pcb related?
It’s for a friend so it will be cheaper to get vokera out if it’s a case of gas valve or pcb.. with parts and labour etc and not being 100 percent don’t want to rip him off .

If it is for a friend or family member I would be more inclined to tell them to fit a new boiler. £450.00 for a Vokera call out(max) could go towards a a new one and to be fair there is nothing to say once it is fixed it will not break again in 4 months. (Just an idea)

I have spoke to vokera repairs and they charge £285 inc vat fixed price repair. Covering up to £450
Looking for advice is it worth me going to take the fan out and cleaning out the Venturi, condense heat exhanger .
Or is it mostly likely to be gas valve pcb related?
It’s for a friend so it will be cheaper to get vokera out if it’s a case of gas valve or pcb.. with parts and labour etc and not being 100 percent don’t want to rip him off .

Venturi fault doesn't always cause it to lock out. It just the fan keeps running or it drops out and struggles to start again. Obviously not getting to sparking stage as the APS wont operate. Normally with a partially blocked venture removing the combustion box door will allow it to light with the increased air flow.
PCB fault just causes completely random solid red lock out with no real pattern from my experience. I always start with primary NTC which you have always changed and then move to pcb as they are expensive!
Ive never had to replace a gas valve on these, and I have worked on a lot of them. Used to look after about 40 of them, each one has had a blocked venturi at some point.

If it is for a friend or family member I would be more inclined to tell them to fit a new boiler. £450.00 for a Vokera call out(max) could go towards a a new one and to be fair there is nothing to say once it is fixed it will not break again in 4 months. (Just an idea)
I have already advised this as soon as I saw the boiler but they wanted to try and repair , they said it’s a max of £285 the customer will have to pay unless bill goes over £450 then they may have to pay a bit extra but will always let them know.

Venturi fault doesn't always cause it to lock out. It just the fan keeps running or it drops out and struggles to start again. Obviously not getting to sparking stage as the APS wont operate. Normally with a partially blocked venture removing the combustion box door will allow it to light with the increased air flow.
PCB fault just causes completely random solid red lock out with no real pattern from my experience. I always start with primary NTC which you have always changed and then move to pcb as they are expensive!
Ive never had to replace a gas valve on these, and I have worked on a lot of them. Used to look after about 40 of them, each one has had a blocked venturi at some point.
It is randomly dropping out and struggling to start again (see vid above ) but is also sparking . Would it be worth taking out fan and cleaning Venturi?

If its sparking, then it wont be a venturi fault as its getting past the APS stage of the ignition. Check the gas valve is opening, if not check for voltage from the board.

If its sparking, then it wont be a venturi fault as its getting past the APS stage of the ignition. Check the gas valve is opening, if not check for voltage from the board.
Said that above mate ;);)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sabre 29he boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi I've got a gloworm 100e boiler that's ceased firing up,Heating engineer came out said the circuit board is fried,He said parts are now obsolete so you need a new boiler,Can this circuit board be replaced as short term option ???
Replies
Views
D
Worcester Heatslave 12/14 Had a plumber out for a suspected diverter valve problem. He changed the top part and left. Next day he said the brass part might me a bit sticky, so he changed that. Now I have heating and hot water. Unfortunately the hot water comes out scalding for a short while...
Replies
Views
Desperate from Wales
D
We had three radiators changed and after this the boiler wouldn't fire. Now we have heating but the no hot water. We have had the Baxi man out and he said we are not covered for the problem. Which he thinks is either the cylinder (which he said may be difficult to obtain the part) or a blockage...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a new extension with 3 radiators (it’s quite a large space). I had 2 radiators in my original space so I have 1 extra (albeit one of the others is larger than its predecessor). The pipework to and from the radiators is new (the original system is a one pipe system but we are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Glow-Worm Easicom 28 boiler and i had to get a new 8 litre EV (expansion vessel) for it, which has arrived. i did check with the seller to ensure the new EV was correct for my boiler and he said it was. the query i have though is, on the original faulty EV, on the sticker, it says...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock