Search the forum,

Discuss Running waste pipe for washing machine. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

This is my first post, had no option but ask more experienced people before making expensive mistake.

I would like to put my WM on opposite side of a sink where waste pipe goes at present. I will have enough space to put tall pipe and p trap behind WM. I am planning to use 40mm pipe and run it around a room as per photo.

WM Manual states:

"Height for siphon - drain hose connection must be
minimum 60 cm and maximum 125 cm
• Max. Overall drain hose length: 2,50 m (in this
case, the maximum height for fixation is 90 cm"

I did not want to use just house, max is 2.5 anyway but the main reason is that I will put this pipe behind units without option for any maintenance. The only accessible points for maintenance will be behind WM and under sink.

Do you think that my plan will work?

Thanks!

Is there any reason why you can't remove the last 2 bends that are circled and just take the pipe straight out? Presuming it's an outside wall, you would then be able to install a T piece with rod point for future maintenance.

20190322_211216.jpg

Hi, thanks for fast reply! Yes this is an outside wall and drilled hole would be very close to the corner, I could do it but as a last resort. There is already sink waste pipe that goes outside which is 40mm. I was hoping to connect two together so no need to drill another hole under the sink. I am thinking possibly of trailing this first and see how it goes maybe? I just was not sure if this is totally bad idea or not :)

It's a longish run which isn't helped by the bends. Less bends equals less resistance so less chance of future problems from blockages etc.

I'd go with @Craig Watson advise, you're asking for trouble if you don't go through the wall there, what will you do if you follow your current plan and get a blockage a few years down the line with access? Could be an expensive corner to cut!

Thank You again for replies. I will take your points on board. There is one more option to get rid of all turns together. I could put P trap in first corner and run pipe straight. The only thing is that I would not have access to that P trap. Would you even consider this option?
Thanks!

But then your max drain hose length would be over 2.5m. Obviously you can run your waste however you want. But if I was to do it, I would run the waste the way I said in my first post.

Reply to Running waste pipe for washing machine. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock