Discuss Running UFH, cold, hot & gas pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

81ll

Gas Engineer
Hi

Pls help

I'm going to be installing UFH in an extension for the 1st time.

In the area I will also need to run hot, cold & gas pipes.

Question I have is can the pipes overlap, I can't see away of doing it without the pipes overlapping?

These would be run under the insulation. Insulated hot and cold, with gas being either plastic coated or trac pipe in one piece.
Or run them over the top.

Try to keep the hot and cold pipes as far apart as you can and lag them both to eliminate heat transfer from the hot pipe to the cold pipe. Make sure the the pipes especially the gas pipe is factory sleeved or run in a ducting and does not come into contact with the screed.

What material do you plan to use?
Do you have the tools to test the pipes before covering?

These would be run under the insulation. Insulated hot and cold, with gas being either plastic coated or trac pipe in one piece.
Or run them over the top.
If I run these under the insulation, would you suggest chasing the insulation, otherwise the insulation will not be flat.

Try to keep the hot and cold pipes as far apart as you can and lag them both to eliminate heat transfer from the hot pipe to the cold pipe. Make sure the the pipes especially the gas pipe is factory sleeved or run in a ducting and does not come into contact with the screed.
I was gonna wrap the gas pipe in denso tape, apart from Tracpipe what other pipe is factory sleeved?

What material do you plan to use?
Do you have the tools to test the pipes before covering?
I was gonna use plastic pipe for water and obviously copper for gas.
What would you recommend

I would tightness test on the gas, then live'n up water pipes to check for leaks. Again what would you recommend?

Depends how thick the kingspan is,

Could chase 2" out and lay services in there and test and then expanding foam over the top of it

Have you got someone lined up to connect the gas?
Are they happy to connect to pipes you have installed and possibly covered over?

Any recommendations on manifolds, seems like there's lots, seem to all be the same

Have a look on u heat

Jupiter manifolds are very good

But tbh there all about the same just don't cheap out

If your dong th insulation yourself. It will need to minimum of 100mm.
You can get a sheet of 50mm and cut it into 100mm strips. Lay this either side of the pipework and cut another piece of 50mm insulation to bridge the pipework. Fill the rest in with 100mm and cover with visqueen.
Make sure all pipes are straight to make cutting easier.
And test everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Running UFH, cold, hot & gas pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back