Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Running UFH, cold, hot & gas pipes in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. 81ll

81ll GSR

Hi

Pls help

I'm going to be installing UFH in an extension for the 1st time.

In the area I will also need to run hot, cold & gas pipes.

Question I have is can the pipes overlap, I can't see away of doing it without the pipes overlapping?

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

You mean cross over one another?

3. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

These would be run under the insulation. Insulated hot and cold, with gas being either plastic coated or trac pipe in one piece.
    Or run them over the top.

4. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

Try to keep the hot and cold pipes as far apart as you can and lag them both to eliminate heat transfer from the hot pipe to the cold pipe. Make sure the the pipes especially the gas pipe is factory sleeved or run in a ducting and does not come into contact with the screed.

5. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

What material do you plan to use?
    Do you have the tools to test the pipes before covering?

6. 81ll

81ll GSR

Yes

7. 81ll

81ll GSR

If I run these under the insulation, would you suggest chasing the insulation, otherwise the insulation will not be flat.

8. 81ll

81ll GSR

I was gonna wrap the gas pipe in denso tape, apart from Tracpipe what other pipe is factory sleeved?

9. 81ll

81ll GSR

I was gonna use plastic pipe for water and obviously copper for gas.
    What would you recommend

I would tightness test on the gas, then live'n up water pipes to check for leaks. Again what would you recommend?

10. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Depends how thick the kingspan is,

Could chase 2" out and lay services in there and test and then expanding foam over the top of it

• Like Like x 1
  11. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Have you got someone lined up to connect the gas?
    Are they happy to connect to pipes you have installed and possibly covered over?

12. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

He is GSR Scott.

• Like Like x 1
  13. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

I didn't spot the badge

14. 81ll

81ll GSR

Any recommendations on manifolds, seems like there's lots, seem to all be the same

15. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Have a look on u heat

Jupiter manifolds are very good

But tbh there all about the same just don't cheap out