Search the forum,

Discuss Running Two Aqualisa Showers Simultaneously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have purchased two Aqualisa Quartz Gravity Pumped showers (older version).

Links:
Aqualisa AQUALISA showers : THE expert in showers for more than 40 years
Screwfix https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/aqual...er/5979x#product_additional_details_container

Within the instructions it reads the following, “The capacity of the hot water cylinder must be capable of meeting anticipated demand” (note, it also says this exact same line in their new line of showers).

What I'd like to know is what does this mean? We want to be able to run both showers simultaneously, so would this mean we need to have a hot water cylinder of a certain size? Is there a calculation or answer for this?

Lastly would there be any flow problems from running both showers simultaneously?

Many Thanks

Around 10lpm allow for (6lpm cold 4lpm hot)

So for both there's 20lpm (12 and 8)load

Normal shower around 10 mins but you can adjust this

So around 120L cold and 80L hot

So your cold tank would need to be around 200l capacity

And hot cylinder around 120-150l

All these figures are minimums

Yeah I would oversize though so you can have that slightly longer shower if you’d like or there’ll be more hot water if you have guests. Might be a touch impetuous buying the showers before you know they’ll work with what you’ve got

Personally, if they the grey control boxes, I'd allow closer to 12-15 LPM each.

Pulling so much hot water, you will need the hot water pipework to be perfectly plumbed so it needs to be done by someone who really does know their stuff rather than a cheepo. Any potential issues will be laid on their back naked and you will be forever cursing.

Do it right, do it once and enjoy.
Do it wrong and never darken our doorstep again ;)
That's my friendly advice :D

I think it is the other way round Shaun the blend for showering temp water is approx 60/40 hot to cold i.e. 6L/m hot & 4L/M cold (60 - 65degC hot with cold to give around 38-40degC showering).

Reply to Running Two Aqualisa Showers Simultaneously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was having and in the end I replaced everything, new engine and new front cover . This was working great for a month or so, but now noticed an intermittent...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc) the shower runs at the right temperature for much of the time but suddenly changes to run cold, usually during the hair rinse time, for no apparent...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock