Search the forum,

Discuss Running a backboiler dry in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This will sound like a silly question but bear with me please.

I have a Brossley hurcules 30b which is currently connected to a thermal store.

The thermal store is too small for what I need to run house so I am thinking of removing it.

I really like the hurcules and wondered if I drain the wrap around boiler and fill it with dry sand do you think it could be used as a normal wood stove instead of replacing it?

At present it is 22kw to back boiler and 8kw to room. I was thinking filled with sand it could be run as a conventional wood stove and give much more heat to room.

I did not want to ask Brossley as they would probably just say no as it is not how it is supposed to be ran.

Cheers

Andrew

I would say no as well. It will overheat as the bulk of the heat was disappated away from the boiler by the wet side.

I would say it'll work as boiler is probably an optional on that stove? But you may burn out the boiler eventually as not designed to be used in that way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Running a backboiler dry in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock