Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Running 21.5mm condense pipe into 110mm soil pipe question in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Marty1979

Marty1979 Member

Hi folks.

Is it OK for me to run 21.5mm boiler condense pipe into strap boss for 110mm upvc? No smells should come back in I'm assuming?

Any suggestions where to buy adapters? Ideally all solvent weld as will be internal of property.

Thanks very much

2. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Can’t see a problem. Definitely no chance of it backing up??

3. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

Provided boiler has a built in trap, no smells.

McAlpine R16 / R17 then suitable adaptor into soil

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Internal I hope ??

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marty1979

Marty1979 Member

Awesome mate thanks

6. Marty1979

Marty1979 Member

Thanks very much all and yes Shaun mate it is definitely internal to avoid freezing conditions.

7. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Why are you moving it ?

8. Spreck

Spreck GSR

I stick in a hepvo to be on the safe side.

9. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Try CondenserMate from Flowflex Rob Foster aka centralheatking

10. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Are you Gas safe registered?

11. Rob Foster

What who me ? Or the op ?
    Rob Foster ..I know regs over condensate and actually they are also building regs as well as gas.

12. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Who do you think Rob?:D

13. Rob Foster

Ok , long day on M6 out at 5am
    Just back regards Rob

14. Marty1979

Marty1979 Member

No not gas safe but common sense prevails and says you wouldn't want to run to outside because of freezing temps.

Basically the condense pipe runs through unaccessible roof on mum's extension and condense pipe was tapped into the 40mm bath waste pipe (also in the unaccessible roof space of extension)

She stood on claw feet type bath which was wasn't screwed down to floor and inturn cracked the 21.5mm condense pipe. Thus condense water comes through the ceiling in kitchen. Boiler is in the loft.

So my idea is chaps to tap into the condense before it goes through outer wall and tap a boss strap into the 110mm horizontal soil pipe.

Sound OK?

15. quality

quality Plumber GSR

I had exactly that today. The outlet was obstructed but the drain was clear . First for me I must admit