Search the forum,

Discuss Routes in to gas work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nick penfold

HI all.

Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction here.

I currently work in the family plumbing business and im doing my NVQ2 etc. My father never bothered with corgi registration so stopped working with gas years ago.

I will be taking over the business in the next two years when he retires and im interested on how to get CORGI registered.

I understand that i'll need to do the ACS course which my college implements alongside the NVQ3. I can't seem to find a way of doing this or getting registered with CORGI without leaving the family self employed business and taking a job with a local CORGI registered plumbing company.

Is there any way around this?

Do i need to be working in the gas field to even start my ACS course etc?

Any help would be greatly recieved

Nick

you can study for the acs but to get registard for gas you will need to do 60 hours gas work per year with a corgi engineer this looks ok on paper but if you look in to it its not that easy

HI all.

Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction here.

I currently work in the family plumbing business and im doing my NVQ2 etc. My father never bothered with corgi registration so stopped working with gas years ago.

I will be taking over the business in the next two years when he retires and im interested on how to get CORGI registered.

I understand that i'll need to do the ACS course which my college implements alongside the NVQ3. I can't seem to find a way of doing this or getting registered with CORGI without leaving the family self employed business and taking a job with a local CORGI registered plumbing company.

Is there any way around this?

Do i need to be working in the gas field to even start my ACS course etc?

Any help would be greatly recieved

Nick
Your absolutely correct there Re: Work Experience. The only way to get your Level 3 is to go and be somebod'ys skivvy for 60 hours. You can stay self employed but work as a sub contractor for the 60 hours (lets say 8 hours per week for 8 weeks). Then that should do it.

Only problem there is finding somebody that will take you on. Hell would freeze over first....... :(

Thanks guys.

Maybe i'll take a job as a time served plumber with one of the bigger companies in a year or two and hope my father will keep workin lol.

well, my father is a star. He has a number of friends in the gas industry who run a couple of largish companies. He says when the time comes, i will at the very least get voluntary work time with them.

Now just gotta hope my ol man holds some naughty pics of the C.E.O of OFTEC !!!!!!!

Lol, nothing better than blackmail in times of need!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Routes in to gas work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock