Search the forum,

Discuss Room thermostat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend has a Honeywell T6360 roomstat. On turning the knob to say 20°C to call for heat, heating starts but doesn't satisfy the stat till way too high, at least 25°C. I found the neutral to the accelerator hadn't been connected, wired that up and expected a cure, but not noticeably better. I checked the resistance of the accelerator, about 330000 ohm, which means it outputs < 0.2 watt. Gut feeling is that's too low. Anybody know what the resistance should be, or any other comments? Appreciate any help.

Not off the top of my head. But it is not Unusal for these type of stats to lose calibration over the years. Where is the stat located. How far away is the radiator in the same room. Is the radiator switched on?

Not off the top of my head. But it is not Unusal for these type of stats to lose calibration over the years. Where is the stat located. How far away is the radiator in the same room. Is the radiator switched on?
It's a replacement stat, about 2 years old, and never been right. I think he broke the previous one, which was OK till then, so it does seem to be this stat. I've heard a suggestion the differential might be adjustable. It doesn't mention that in the data sheet but you wouldn't expect it to. I'll give it a go.
Thanks anyway

Crude things those stats. You could remove the faceplate and pull the knob off and put it back at a 5°C higher setting, hopefully bringing the stat back into reasonable calibration. You can on some Honeywells, anyway.
The older brown and taupe Honeywell stats had less hysterisis in my limited experience.

Crude things those stats. You could remove the faceplate and pull the knob off and put it back at a 5°C higher setting, hopefully bringing the stat back into reasonable calibration. You can on some Honeywells, anyway.
The older brown and taupe Honeywell stats had less hysterisis in my limited experience.
OK but it's the hysteresis that's the problem, not calibration. Agree about the older ones, I had a Honeywell T403A, installed in 1973 and still OK. This has a bimetallic coil, no accelerator, the contacts magnetic to give a snap action and prevent dithering. Differential fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Room thermostat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock