Search the forum,

Discuss Roof work/vertical flues. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Mastermixlee

Gas Engineer
So there's a few estates scattered around my way that have the dreaded powermax boilers.
All of them are installed in the middle of house in a cupboard upstairs with vertical twin pipe flue going vertical through the roof.

A good majority of these houses are town houses or 3 storeys.

How is everyone here going about these kind of installations for changing out to a different boiler.
Water side is clear enough but wondered what options people are using for the flue work.

You getting scaffolding and get up there and fitting the vertical flue kits yourself.
Other options?

I do it myself ladder up tied off and get it done

Unless it’s a stupid pitch or nearly vertical then scaf or boom

I get scaffolding put up got a contact with his own firm i changed his boiler recently so I am is best friend at the minute, you cant take the risk of a fall from height many years ago I had a fall and spent a month in hospital and a year off recovering that was when I was young foolish and indestructible so I thought, keep safe chaps kop

I have tried getting roofers not one wants to do it or want to charge £500 for the priveledge so I would of lost them all anyway.

I've always done it off a roof ladder myself but i HATE it i come down shaking like a sh1tting dog i could go down the scaffolding route but i would probably lose the job.

I was looking at getting the tetra kit to try and take the fear away a bit but I'm toying with ditching installs so not going to rush out and buy that just yet.

Tetra Safety Kits - Ladder Safety Systems | Working at Height | Tetra

Oh and anything over 2 storeys scaffolding couldn't care less if I win or lose the job. I honestly think i would get stuck on the roof of a 3 storey house.

I have tried getting roofers not one wants to do it or want to charge £500 for the priveledge so I would of lost them all anyway.

I've always done it off a roof ladder myself but i HATE it i come down shaking like a sh1tting dog i could go down the scaffolding route but i would probably lose the job.

I was looking at getting the tetra kit to try and take the fear away a bit but I'm toying with ditching installs so not going to rush out and buy that just yet.

Tetra Safety Kits - Ladder Safety Systems | Working at Height | Tetra

Oh and anything over 2 storeys scaffolding couldn't care less if I win or lose the job. I honestly think i would get stuck on the roof of a 3 storey house.

£500!!!!!!!

The roofer we use does it for £50! Takes him twenty mins...

£500!!!!!!!

The roofer we use does it for £50! Takes him twenty mins...

Yeah it's like they dont want the work. When they said £500 I said it takes me half hour to do the roof work so them it should take less but nope they were just saying stupid money.

My guess is they would just rather do new build so priced stupidly to not get them.

upload_2019-6-19_21-49-0.jpeg

Only joking :D

Reply to Roof work/vertical flues. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock