Search the forum,

Discuss Rolling tool chest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
anything made of plastic has a limited life span, wheels fall off, acro falls on the thing, the lovely tray with all those compartments looks great until you use it for a bit and that too falls apart! or you load it with that much stuff because you can, it becomes impractical to use.

i have a stanley metal box in the van, it lives there, i have a bag that comes off at every job with the basic stuff in, nice and light.

shaun

I wanted one of these as the firmi'm going to work with do full heating installs so i'd rather lug a big box up to a top flat than 5 trips up and down to get everything. The tesco one looks a but sturdier.

2x pipe cutters, bahco spanners, footprints, tape measure, blow lamp flux n soldar. heat mat.
big hammer for emergencies,

shaun

I'm on the lookout for a decent rolling chest, i see focus have a stanley one for £23 - Stanley Mobile Workcentre at Focus

Or tesco are doing one - Unexpected error occurred - Tesco.Direct

Anyone used these? swaying between the two

ive found big tool boxes are a pain i use one for a basic selection of tools and another couple of bigger ones in the van from which i can select the other bits i need Ialso keep a couple of plastic buckets to carry anything
wheeled boxes are only good if your in a large building with lifts and corridors in anything domestic there a waste of time
you can never get all the stuff you need in one box especially for complete instals
and if you get it in you cant lift it

large boxes can be a pain too heavy and you spend ages looking for tools

I've personally got a rolling tool chest with me drills in, trade case of screws plugs and waste fittings, plumbers mate, boss White etc. then I've got a fat max xl with all me plumbing tools in easy to acesss I personally on use the rolling tool chest on big jobs and it's handy I also recommend the stanley organizer ideal for ya end feeds, push fits flux's solders etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rolling tool chest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Here are some similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock