Search the forum,

Discuss Roll and stroll (or whatever its called) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Normally I usually put dust sheets down and with stair rods are brilliant but on longer jobs I spend 20 minutes each day covering stairs/ hallways etc so I don't damage the carpet, so if I am there for a week that is 1 hour 40 minutes lost doing that.

I am thinking of using roll and stroll so I can leave it down overnight.

Is it slippy with only socks on as I don't fancy getting sued for slipping down the stairs.

Not slippy at all, we use it all the time great stuff, some rubbish ones though that don't stick at all,

The stuff from Grahams seems ok but a plasterer on a recent job had some yellow stuff down and was really tough stuff. Dunno what it was called tho!

Think the yellow might be made by hippo

Funnily enough just watched the YouTube and first time I used roll and stroll I cut it with a Stanley knife, right through the roll and stroll and the bloody carpet!!!

Funnily enough just watched the YouTube and first time I used roll and stroll I cut it with a Stanley knife, right through the roll and stroll and the bloody carpet!!!

:D someone pressed too hard

I use the no-nonsense stuff from Screwfix. It says it's for hard floor but it works just as well on carpet in my experience.

I love roll and stroll. Great on stairs and long hallways. I leave it down over a two day job and had no issues. The only trouble is if you put it on a carpet covered in cat hair it leaves a perfect clean strip afterwards!

When this first came out I think it was rhino roll or something similar and am sure it was around ÂŁ60 per roll,

I use the yellow stuff too. Can't fault it. I pay around ÂŁ30 for a 50 metre roll from my local merchants.

Roll and and stroll is yellow and has a non slip texture to it, works really well.

I get it from tool station for less than ÂŁ15, customer think you're awesome as well.

Roll & Stroll Protector Carpet - Toolstation

By the way, it says 20mtrs which is a typo, it's actually 25.

I've used some of the other slightly cheaper ones and you end up spending hours trying to get it off the roll without it ripping, or taking the creases out of it!

Last edited:
Pretty sure it has to come up after 7 days or it can damage the carpet, might be wrong.

I looked at it once but was scared off by some poor reviews on screwfix of a strip left on customers carpets where the roll was layed, this was on new carpet, that even carpet cleaners could not remove! Plus it says dont use on wool carpets... Too risky for me, I ain't forking out for new carpets!

They leave a strip behind sometimes but i find its where the carpet is really clean compared to the rest, because it's picked up dirt and dust out of the carpet.

You can see where they've been, depending how clean the carpet is and how long it been down for but I've never had a customer complain. I've been using it myself and with other people for around 3/4 years.

I don't know what make mine is though, it's not made by roll and stroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Roll and stroll (or whatever its called) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock