Search the forum,

Discuss riello RDB2.2 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kerryplumber

Hi Guys
Some help from the experts would be appreciated before I end up in the divorce courts!!!! I have a Firebird Heatpac 70/90
boiler with a Riello DRB2.2 burner - My problem is that the burner just will not fire well that it not exactly true it is in permanent lock out
mode and occasionally when I press the lock out button it will fire but will then immediately go out again.
the oil pressure is ok at 8 bar, the photocell is clean and the nozzle has changed. Oil is getting through to the nozzle but there appears to be
a lack of spark - I am leaning towards the capacitor having blown would welcome a second opinion?

Cheers

Mick

I'd go for the pump solenoid first, if the pressure is fine.

If you remove it and try firing again, it should magnetise itself to a screwdriver if it's working ok. (Not a brilliant test as you should really test it properly with a multimeter.)

Capacitor is for starting motor, so not that if motor turning. If there def is no spark, then it may be control box, but I suspect you either have faulty oil pump solenoid or very likely, a broken oil pump - as they give a lot trouble & can work for a sec & slip inside again.

I would say control box, had one similar just before christmas.

never changed an rdb control box, changed one rdb coil, changed a hundred plus rdb oil pumps.

are you sure photocell is clean.....sounds like a classic photocell problem(as per recent firebirds) try taking out photocell and hold your finger over it as boiler fires show it some light....if it still cuts out sounds like a coil/valve stem/pump problem(make sure pump is properly bled) def not a capacitor!!

I would go for a new photocell in the first instance if it fires you are getting a spark.photocell is cheapest option and a classic symptom..I have changed a few less than 12mths old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to riello RDB2.2 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
Hi, We had our annual oil burner service carried out by a well known Norfolk firm last Thursday and all was great for a day. Came home from work on Friday evening to find our 15+ year old HRM Wallstar burner had locked out. I pressed the lockout button only to find it would lockout 1 to 2 mins...
Replies
Views
problem with my oil boiler everything has been change all cleaned out set up but still locks out , if I remove photcell and shine a light on it it runs fine replace photocell and it stops again , new cell and control box, heating engineer is beat now as well
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a noisy fan on the boiler so investigated, just a bit of dirt in the casing however, having removed the burner unit I replaced the Burner Nozzle no problem, old was very dirty and sooty. Found the boiler wouldn't fire up. SO rather than than mess...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock