Search the forum,

Discuss Riello RDB Pump Needle (Solenoid) Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bedlam

Hi
Can anyone tell me how much travel there should be on the "plunger" of the Valve, the one I currently have fitted seems to have virtually none, also should the plunger and stem be able to be separated for cleaning?
Mine can't..... just trying to establish if it is jammed and needs replacing, I can rotate the "plunger" with a needle through the port holes and that is about all

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you going to set the pump up after you've finished faffing about with it?

Hello Bedlam
Can I ask what has brought you to want to start dismantling the coil stem of an oil pump?

You are, I would guess, inexperienced with these appliances.

These burners/Boilers can be extremely dangerous.

Please get a qualified oil technician/Heating Engineer to reassemble it/ repair and recommission it for you.

Hello Bedlam
Can I ask what has brought you to want to start dismantling the coil stem of an oil pump?
I am trying to eliminate a "lock out", I am aware that I cannot set up Pressure, Emissions etc.
although removal of the valve should not affect that - should it?
I just wish to establish how much lateral movement there should be on the "plunger" is all, it rotates in the stem ok
I am also not a numpty 30 years in power plants taught me that

Last edited by a moderator:
And let them know if its an RDB or Mectron pump they need to bring with them once you have knackered the one you have!!!!

I am trying to eliminate a "lock out", I am aware that I cannot set up Pressure, Emissions etc.
I just wish to establish how much lateral movement there should be on the "plunger" is all, it rotates in the stem ok

Very high pressure fuel pump and an overall sensitive bit of kit ( The Burner).
It's really not worth trying to DIY.

I'd like to eliminate people who think it's OK to play with things they should not.

Looks like we both will be disappointed.

You've knackered the oil pump for a start. Which makes me question your last sentence.

Although on the brighter side you may just be the statistic that rubber stamps a change in the regulations.

What has brought you to think that it has anything to do with the coil stem? Have you eliminated electrodes, transformer, leads, control box, Coil, motor, photocell, pump performance/pressure using an oil gauge. Have you checked/ replaced the oil nozzle, checked filters on the oil line, checked that sufficient oil is reaching the burner. Have you checked combustion using an analyser?
The above are all tests that should be done before starting to dismantle the coil stem. You are not on the right path to the diagnosis of this lockout and should get someone in who knows what they are doing for both safety and financial reasons.

Forget it...........I have asked 2 reasonable questions and most have gone off on a tangent
without providing an answer, most of which are merely to mock and show off to their mates in this cliquey forum...........

And I have asked you what has brought you to dismantle the coil stem when there are so many things that have not been done before this. You have not replied to this which brings me to conclude that you are playing "pin the tale on the donkey" burner maintenance.

What a tool.

You are not competent to receive an answer.

Then spit dummy when told so.

We had the safety of yourself and family in mind.

You come on here having taken apart a vital component of the burner and without the means to prove it's set up correctly afterwards then get surprised when you get told why you're an idiot?

Your boiler has the ability to kill you, but because you work in a power station you think you are entitled to ignore the levels of competency required to work on the burner.

Actually, you haven't said what it is you do. I'd wager you're the one pushing a broom....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello RDB Pump Needle (Solenoid) Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock