Search the forum,

Discuss Riello burner: Usually have to press the red reset button in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

quantum

Hi All,

I'm hoping for some advice. I have a 9 year old riello burner which is causing me some problems. When I turn it on at the control panel in the house the burner does not kick in all the time. It got to the point where I was having to go outside and press the reset button every time. I got the guy who services my boiler to have a look and he began with replacing the capacitor. The bioler worked perfectly for 1 week until last night when it didn't come on again - I had to press the reset button again! The boiler guy doesn't seem to know what to do next, he's talking about it being better if it just stopped working!!

As a side note, when I switch the heating on in the house I'm certain I can hear a light buzz from the control panel occasionally - could this be relevant or just normal?

Get a different boilerman/plumber in! I wonder how he knew how to change the capacitor but doesn't know what else might be wrong. Trouble is there are so many things this could be from photocell to solenoid to blocked oil line to ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello burner: Usually have to press the red reset button in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating Not Working Normally. When I turn on the heating, it doesn’t start. However, I still receive hot water, suggesting the boiler does work in some...
Replies
Views
I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot Water Cylinder. Analogue Controller with slide switches (replaced 2 years ago) and analogue Room Stat and Hot water cylinder Stat. I'm just an amateur...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2 years ago) that had a single pipe heating system but over the years there have been some changes made to the system that meant it didn't work. I have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock