Search the forum,

Discuss RF Programmable Thermostat - Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkT21

Hi All,

I would like some advice on an RF programmable thermostat unit. We have recently had fitted a new "Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri" and at the time I requested that the engineer source and fit an RF Programmable Thermostat unit so we could set 5/2 and 7 Day programs to give us more control over our heating, but the engineer said he ordered the incorrect unit and would fit this at a later date. 1 year on and I am still waiting, no response to calls or emails .. I am bit annoyed, but lets move on.

So, this leaves me with finding someone else to do it and I would ideally like to choose the best unit for the task and get some local companies to quote for the work ..

My question is, what would be the best unit to go for and how long would it take an engineer to fit ?

I would like the unit to have the best features to make my heating as energy efficient as possible and in the future we may have Solar Hot Water fitted. All of our radiators have thermostatic cutoff valves.

I have done some prelim googling and Honeywell (cm927), Economiser, and Seimens seem to come up quite a bit, I also notived that the "Ecobee" looks pretty good, but not sure on the UK release date .. Coupled with this I do not have the knowledge to know if any of these units are good for my needs and indeed will work with the 24Ri boiler ..

Any help, guidance, recommendations greatly received as we are now pressing into the winter months again and I would like to get this sorted before I switch the central heating on for the winter.

Cheers
Mark Taylor

worcester bosch actually do a unit, that has a nighttime setback function. Think its in the £80 region to buy. You could get a plumber, or even get an elecrican to fit it. Shouldnt take anylonger than 20mins if its a worcester unit as they slot straight into casing.

Go with honeywell CM927, easy install, interface and work great/problem free. Should take someone competent an hour to set up and install.

Worcester actually do a RF unit, but ive had problems with getting them to talk to each other quiet a few times, one day itll be fine next day it wont talk to the boiler to turn it on...

Id go with the Honeywell units, good value and reliable.

Great, thanks for the feedback, the CM927 has it then :)

Cheers
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to RF Programmable Thermostat - Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock