Search the forum,

Discuss Reseating tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I'm after a new reseating tool as my cheapo one has finally packed in.

Any recommendations? I overhaul a fair amount of taps as part of a maintenance contract so don't mind spending a bit extra.

Please give us some information regarding your current re-seating tool.

Cost of original purchase.
Estimation of how many taps it has re-seated.
Length of time you have had your current re-seating tool.
Rough estimate of charges per tap re-seated.

When that information is supplied it may be possible to inform you whether or not it is economically viable to either purchase a 'cheapo' tap re-seating tool or upgrade to a 'top of the range re-seating tool'

Tap Reseating Kit 460U | Monument 460U

Had this one best part of my working life, quick spray of oil every now and then & she's good to go from the old tool bag.
I think I paid more than 23 notes for it 30 year ago

My how times have changed on the tool front, especially when I look down my front to my tool. :wilted_rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reseating tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Seems to be some flaws in the brass of this tap (faucet?). It has fine scribbly black lines crossing from the inner of the pipe to the outside. I guess that's why it still drips a bit even after a number of reseating attempts and many new different washers. Is this something others have seen...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am having problems with a dripping bathroom tap, both tap cartridges (quater turn) have been replaced and the tap has been seated with a 7/8 tap reseating tool. Since reseating the tap today, the dripping has now got worse, the only thing I can think of next is to replace the taps which...
Replies
Views
V
Hi all, I'm completely inexperienced at this, but my kitchen taps are ancient, and the water has started dripping. Rather than just change the washer, I want to change the entire thing to a mixer tap that supports two holes. I think I've figured most of it out except for the part where I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and it was hammering constantly after filling. I turned off this stopcock, drained all the pipes, turned the taps back off and then let the water back...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
I am renovating a house, which currently has no plumbing. Attached is the design for the house. I'm getting a plumber to fit the boiler and core central heating zones. I am fitting the bathroom, kitchen and radiators. I was planning to use PEX, but I am struggling with availability of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock