1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Replacing toilet with waste pipe on side in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Pmorrison

Pmorrison New Member

Im re-tiling the floor in my toilet and at the same time am replacing the toilet. The old toilet had the waste pipe come out from the side of the toilet and connected to the pipe that runs through the side wall of the toilet.

From what I can see, new toilets with the waste on the side are a lot more expensive (cheapest I’ve seen is £200). I think the pipe through the wall is too far from the back wall for a close coupled toilet to fit properly and I’ve been told that the 90 degree flexible pipes tend to get blocked a lot.

Do I have any alternatives or am I going to need to pay out for the expensive toilet with side waste pipe?

EDC37A7A-4404-495F-83C1-A36689281E1A.jpeg

2. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Just but a pan with a HO ..horizantal outlet and fit a 90deg multikwick...put up a piccy to check I am right others will then comment...Rob Foster
    aka centralheatking

3. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR

It looks like you've got room to get 2 135° bends on that pipe to kick it back to the wall, then use a standard 90° pan connector.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pmorrison

Pmorrison New Member

Thanks for the replies, the gap between the pipe and the back wall is approx 170mm if that gives enough room?

2F968058-255C-4EC4-BB32-F6ED2525427A.jpeg

5. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

You could use a flexi ! wait for the up roar on UKPF I am done for after what I have posted about them ...but it might just dig you out of the mire in this case....Rob Foster aka centralheatking

6. CBW1982

CBW1982 Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What I suggest is find the wc (toilet) you want to have installed as Rob suggested a horizontal outlet pan, then obtain technical drawing if possible (twyford/ideal standard have them online) and see the measurement, then go from there, you may get away with one of these:

Multikwik MKBAR90 90 Deg Space Saver Pan Connector | Wickes.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
  7. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What about a low level toilet ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR

To be fair, I'm with Rob. Although not the best, a 90° flexi would do the job, it's not something you'd expect from a pro plumber but from a diy perspective they serve their purpose. They don't block up if installed correctly, they can split though and rats love to chew through them. So long as it's easily replaced so you can change it in future if you have an issues you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Pmorrison

Pmorrison New Member

Thanks for all the replies, just need to grout the tiles and will measure up and work out the best way around it!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pmorrison

Pmorrison New Member

Just wondering whether one of these offset connectors (Hunter offset pan connector 100mm | Wolseley), together with a 90 degree pan connector, would work? 100mm may be too much but screwfix do a 40mm version so I could play about with it. Just worried that a long stretch of flexi is going to cause problems

11. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Remove the bottom two tiles. It the soil pipe in the wall and fit two 135 degree offset bends.
    Job done and will look tidy.
    For the sake of a couple of tiles and a few hours work your room will look much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CBW1982

CBW1982 Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You could, but you'd still need to sleeve it & think your offset might be bigger than that. You could opt for x2 offset bends or see how much one of these would give you https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast...mm/77224#product_additional_details_container

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pmorrison

Pmorrison New Member

Assuming you mean the tiles on the wall, unfortunately they are original and no idea where to get new ones to match, I’m just re-tiling the floor. Typo makes it difficult to understand what needs doing with the soil pipe in the wall?

14. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I’d be more concerned with the size of that radiator in respect to the size of the room:eek::eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Plumber Top Contributor!!

I wouldn't use that massive offset thingy horizontally (maybe vertically at a push) as it looks like it could block quite easily.

Just stud off the back wall to about 1m high, finishing off with a nice timber shelf?

• Like Like x 1