Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Replacing Shower Mixer with inlet nuts concealed behind cups in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at

  1. Daniel Isherwood

    Daniel Isherwood New Member


    I'm intending on replacing my 20 year old Hansgrohe Shower Mixer.

    As seen in the photos, the inlet nuts are concealed beneath the cups that screw onto the pipes. Most modern mixers have the nuts visible and in between the mixer bar and the cups.

    Will I be able to replace the mixer with a modern type?

    Any thoughts welcome.


  2. Harvest Fields

    Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    Email hansgrohe the pics and see what they come back with mate.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daniel Isherwood

    Daniel Isherwood New Member

    Cheers - I'll have a go.
  4. CBW1982

    CBW1982 GSR

    What’s behind the silicone? If it’s copper then you should be able to get a replacement. As @Harvest Fields@Harvest Fields said maybe send photo to hansgrohe or any other manufacturer that you intend on replacing with.
  5. JCplumb

    JCplumb Plumber

    Make sure the centres of the feed pipes are 150mm if you're not going with a like for like replacement, they look to be less to me.
    150mm is the most common width needed for exposed showers.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CBW1982

    CBW1982 GSR

    Some do come with an option to suit different centres. ;)
Similar Threads - Replacing Shower Mixer Forum Date
Leaf from replacing outside tap fitting under sink Plumbing Forum Sunday at 8:38 PM
Replacing Towel Rad - Slightly shorter width problem (Photo) Fittings & Pipes Saturday at 10:11 PM