Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Replacing Old Crane CH Control With Digital Control? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. DaveH886

DaveH886 New Member

Hi,
    Having replaced all the radiators in current system I would like to update the control (as seen in image) with a modern digital one. Would this be a simple job and what type of control would I need?
    I'm not a complete novice when it comes to electrics but then I'm no electrician either.
    All help gratefully received.
    [​IMG]

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Shouldn't be too hard depending on what's behind

Drayton lifestyle is a decent prog

3. doitmyself

doitmyself Well-Known Member

The "Crane" timer allows hot water on its own (options 1 - 3) but not heating on its own - HW has to be on at the same time (options 4 - 6).

This says that the system is a "pumped heating, gravity hot water" one. So any programmer you purchase must have a "gravity" option.

This type of system is no longer permitted, but upgrading to a "fully pumped" system is not compulsory. However you should consider it as it will save money in the long run.