Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Old Crane CH Control With Digital Control? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Having replaced all the radiators in current system I would like to update the control (as seen in image) with a modern digital one. Would this be a simple job and what type of control would I need?
I'm not a complete novice when it comes to electrics but then I'm no electrician either.
All help gratefully received.
https://i.*********/TzAO3NF.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard depending on what's behind

Drayton lifestyle is a decent prog

The "Crane" timer allows hot water on its own (options 1 - 3) but not heating on its own - HW has to be on at the same time (options 4 - 6).

This says that the system is a "pumped heating, gravity hot water" one. So any programmer you purchase must have a "gravity" option.

This type of system is no longer permitted, but upgrading to a "fully pumped" system is not compulsory. However you should consider it as it will save money in the long run.

Reply to Replacing Old Crane CH Control With Digital Control? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for a bit of advice. My CH system has 2 controllers one for water and one for heating. I would like to replace these with one controller for bother heating and water contol. I have a Salus RT500RF which controls the heating and is mouted in the hall and is battery operated. In the...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the system). Currently I have a Honeywell Home Single Zone Thermostat (Y87RF2024) and I am thinking to get the Honeywell Home Mobile Access Kit RFG100 to get...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock