Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing monobloc non concussive tap with non concussive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks

Looking to change a few monobloc mixer taps in our school.

For some reason, they are connected on both hot/cold pipes to a single T piece that is fed directly by one supply, direct from a TMV.

Seeing as the water temp is already controlled I see no point in a mixer tap and would like to change them out for standard basin taps, but I'm concious the holes the monobloc taps go through are bigger.

Are you able to replace a monobloc with a standard tap, or will the larger hole mean it's not possible?

probably saving over £100 per tap if it's possible and there's a few that need doing.

Any help much appreciated.

any chance of a few pics please

and anything can be done

and dont get this statement

"probably saving over £100 per tap if it's possible" can you explain

any chance of a few pics please

and anything can be done

and dont get this statement

"probably saving over £100 per tap if it's possible" can you explain

Hi ShaunCorbs

Current taps are Inta Commercial Mono Basin Mixer Tap Non-Concussive Chrome, quick look at on-line price of £130.

I've seen Deva NCT001 Non Concussive Pre-Set Basin Taps at £30 a pair, so actually over £100 less than the monobloc tap. I'll attach pics of the underside of the tap fitting,
monobloc under sink.jpg
Then there's the T piece creating a twin feed to the mixer tap, from a pipe coming from the TMV
water feed monobloc.jpg
Then theres the actual tap itself
IMG_20160719_162754.jpg

Hope that explains a little better?
Cheers

Do you mean you'll only have a mixed temp tap and no dedicated cold?

Hi thereisawizza
I've included some pics in an above post, but these taps, as far as I understand are mixer taps, but are being fed (both hot and cold feed) by a TMV that is then split into two feeds from the same source (TMV)

Did that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing monobloc non concussive tap with non concussive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock