Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Replacing concealed shower... in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. mutley racers

mutley racers Plumber GSR

Valve from behind behind.

I am sure it should be fine.

Went to a job today where a leak was coming from a concealed shower valve. Cut out the back of the stud wall to find that the stud wall had been plasterboard, studs, ply, shower valve and pipes, plaster on mesh and then tiles. Interesting.

Any way, turns out the aqualisa valve bottom plug thread has just fractured.

20181206_163536.jpg

2. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber

3. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber

like dog sh!te

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

That was over tightened on the original install. Seen it lots. Personally I hate those plastic bodies. They never seem to last and the poor s0d who touches it last gets the blame.

5. mutley racers

mutley racers Plumber GSR

Been in 28yrs

6. YorkshireDave

It was Aqualisa who told me it was overtightening.

7. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber

Hell... you've gotta a know what you're doing in this game...
    Under-rated & under-paid

8. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber

What I mean is quality plumbing engineers who are responsible (have insurance etc) and take pride in their work, really should charge more for their expertise (we tend to under-rate "ourselves")

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. YorkshireDave

Therein lies the rub Jim. The general pubic are still unable to differentiate between good & bad. However, watch this space ;) We are involved with a new YouTube channel whos goal is to educate consumers as to what is right, what to expect for a job to be safe and have some longevity instead of focussing on cost alone.

It can never do away with Harry Tightwad, but the more consumers understand the more then can choose the 'right' way to do things.