Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing cistern water inlet pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jaymie Clifford

Hi All,

I'm after some advice. My toilet innards broke and I had a slight leak on the water inlet, between the copper water pipe and the inlet valve. I have a replacement set, and have replaced the innards, but it is still leaking. I suspect it is down to the seal inside the top of the copper pipe, it looks knackered.

My question is, is there a kind of flexible pipe I can get to replace the section pictured below? I don't fancy having to buy all the kit to replace 20cm of copper pipe, if I could just get a flexible piece and do up two bolts.

1411v85.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/1411v85.jpg

In the picture the left hand side goes to the water inlet valve in the cistern (with the knackered seal inside), and the right to the isolation ball valve. I'm not sure of the thread sizes but I assume they are standard. If such a thing exists where can I get it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Right, I have found a piece on screwfix, should of googled first!

But you guys can help me, what fitting do it need on each end? are they 1/2" threads?

What is a guide line on length to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing cistern water inlet pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock