Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Central Heating circulation pump - Shipley, West Yorkshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J Rowe

I have a conventional "old-fashioned" gas-fired boiler and hot-water cylinder with secondary central heating.
On Sunday evening, the circulating pump (a WSP Gold model) failed .It was most likely the electronics in the speed controller attached to the pump - a bad "burnt electrics" smell was present close to the unit and the inline fuse in the switch to the control panel blew. Replacing that fuse, but leaving the heating off showed that the control panel was ok. Similarly the motorised valve seemed unaffected.
Since the pump is in a relatively accessible position in an under-stairs cupboard, I had hoped replace it myself, but neither myself nor anyone else I know locally has the correct spanner to remove the nuts between the 38 to 22mm conversion and gate valves, and the pump flanges themselves. In fact, I can't find anywhere that has them in stock around Bradford!
Obviously, I need this resolving sooner rather than later (i.e. before it stops being so mild)!
I have the advantage of working locally, so I have more flexibility in being present to let an engineer in.
I've phoned a couple of people I was recommended today, but I'm still waiting for replies (it obviously being the busy season!) Hopefully I'll be able to post back to state I'm sorted if one of them does get back to me soon!

Thanks for reading,

James.

Welcome to the forum James, we have a member in Bradford so hopefully he will see this and send you a PM (personal message).

Ridgid E110 wrench ideal for pump nuts. Without one nuts can be knocked loose and then tightened with water pump pliers. Old fashioned monkey wrench (thread on handle) also useful.

Ok, I managed to find a friend with a correctly sized spanner (as opposed to my slightly over-sized one) and we successfully changed over the pumps - very easily in fact - what a difference 0.4mm makes!

Also - waves a Masood - hiya mate!

Ok, I managed to find a friend with a correctly sized spanner (as opposed to my slightly over-sized one) and we successfully changed over the pumps - very easily in fact - what a difference 0.4mm makes!

Glad you got sorted , Mas emailled me yesterday and asked if I could help . I didnt want to commit yesterday in case I didnt get todays jobs finished .

Glad you got it sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing Central Heating circulation pump - Shipley, West Yorkshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock