Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing a new boiler but using the same flue hole.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
PHOTO-2019-04-07-18-18-52.jpg
hi guys,
I'll be doing a boiler replacement with a glow worm betcom4 but customer insists I use the same hole..
I've looked at the manual for the terminal positioning and the only way round would be having the terminal extending passed the soffit and guttering with a flue clip. Opposite ge flue there is no buildings or any openings.

Appreciate your thoughts

All good, a baxi and vaillant also allow this. Just needs to be 25mm so as long as it's not touching the soffit or guttering then you are fine

Worcester are ok

And yes Scott baxi dont allow white / flue on show

Might be an old rule but I've just fit one and the instructions said it was allowed to extend past the eaves/carports etc when necessary
Looks like I'm wrong, just checked. I was confusing the 25mm measurement from eaves with the same as vaillants etc. But it does appear you can install the flue 25mm away from eaves so long as no other measurement falls outside the minimum specs.

As long as the terminal projects last the guttering but 25mm space around the flue from the soffit.

Reply to Replacing a new boiler but using the same flue hole.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock