Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing a mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the entire bathroom is replaced, looking to swap out the mixer as it doesn't mix very well. The pressure also used to be much better and its now merely a dribble so hoping that replacing the mixer for now will be a fix. Assuming its just knackered out inside and full of scale.

Is it a case of turning off the water, undoing, replacing and turning on the water again to achieve a like for like replacement?

is there anything else that I should be aware of or consider? obviously i'll fix a compatible mixer in the correct size.

replacing something very similar to this:

AS_Contour21_A4127AA_WCuto_GB_a_preview.jpg

check your centres are 150mm and you should be fine

If you are on a low pressure systems make sure the mixer is suitable for it

check the flow without the head on the hose, it could be scaled up which is a cheaper fix just to change the head

All sorted.

Flow is much better than before, but still won't be good enough for a rain shower. When the bathroom is done i'll get a new tank/pump put in as suggested on here in a previous post.

I replaced mixer and seals, hose and head with a budget set for now as plan to redo bathroom in a month or two.

IMG_0351.jpg
IMG_0348 (1).JPG

All sorted.

Flow is much better than before, but still won't be good enough for a rain shower. When the bathroom is done i'll get a new tank/pump put in as suggested on here in a previous post.

I replaced mixer and seals, hose and head with a budget set for now as plan to redo bathroom in a month or two.

View attachment 29148
View attachment 29149

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing a mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock