Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Replacement plastic not for screen over bath in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at

  1. Jack_B

    Jack_B New Member

    I am looking for a replacement part for a shower screen over a bath. The hinges were attached to the glass by sandwiching the glass and some foam spacers between two metal sheets, with a countersunk screw and plastic barrel nut holding them together. The plastic barrel nut has broken, and I need a couple of new ones. I'm sort-of assuming that the nut is specific to that make and model of screen, which I haven't been able to identify, but I'm hoping I'm wrong and someone can tell be where to get some, or how to work around it without damaging the glass.

    The offending nut is black plastic (probably nylon). It is 9.5mm diameter in the barrel, 12mm at the head, and 10mm overall length. The thread is M6 and 9mm deep. Pics of the broken one attached.
    20180301_163303.jpg 20180301_163347.jpg


  2. Keefy

    Keefy Plumber

    Best bet is take the broken parts to a plumbers merchants and see what they say. That's where I'd start.

    Edit; or check manufacturers instruction manual for replacement part number.
  3. daWilko

    daWilko Member

    Hi - if you can't find the barrel, you may be able to replace the hinge. Plenty of examples on line to have a look at :)
Similar Threads - Replacement plastic screen Forum Date
Pipe cleaner ends replacement Plumbing Forum Yesterday at 2:57 PM
Radiator Valve Caps Replacements Central Heating Forum Yesterday at 12:37 PM