Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement for Riello pump on Camray 5 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
Got called to a breakdown this morning and the pump is stuck so needs replacing.
Does anyone on here know of a Danfoss replacement for the Riello pump that OEM on this?
I don't mind fitting another Riello but I only carry spares for Danfoss as that's what I usually have to deal with.

What sort of Riello pump?
I know the Riello pumps on any of the domestic burners I come across are not replaceable with any other pumps including Danfoss unfortunately.

What sort of Riello pump?
I know the Riello pumps on any of the domestic burners I come across are not replaceable with any other pumps including Danfoss unfortunately.

Ahhh - that. Ishtar be a problem then. I don't know what the pump is as I can't see any model ID but it's on a Boulder Camray 5. The burner is an RDB and I was thinking that was just a matter of swapping one for the other. Is it a problem with the motor dog, or something more complicated?

From what I recall, the drive spindle is too long on the Danfoss pump, but worse is all the connectors are different on all the Riello pumps compared to any other makers.
Then the solenoid valve is totally different and the solenoids are different size and also not compatible as Danfoss solenoids and others are 240 volt, whereas Riello are not.
You are not the first person to have wanted to have a Danfoss pump to suit Riellos. I much prefer Danfoss.
You are better to carry a couple of the two types of Riello pumps. But the warranty runs out.

Last edited:
Get the code number off the burner. The Riello web site should be able to tell ye what part ye need and which supplier t get it from. Riello Burners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement for Riello pump on Camray 5 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock