Search the forum,

Discuss Replace this hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparkymark75

The other night, I went to top up my boiler as the pressure was a bit lower than it should be. Since I moved in, the filler loop has always been connected to the mains and the boiler. However, the hose that was used was like a washing machine hose.

I used to wonder why it leaked on the boiler side when I opened the valve on the mains side to top up the boiler, the other night I found out why. The plastic inside the screw head was obviously cracked and finally broke the other night.

I've capped the boiler connection of with an end cap for now but I need a replacement hose. However it appears I have some funky pipe size difference going on. I bought a normal filling loop but this didn't fit as I think these tend to be 15mm to 15mm.

It appears my setup is 22mm on the cold mains feed to 15mm on the boiler side.

I can't post pics as a new member.

http://i.*********/v6a9Hz9.jpg
http://i.*********/v6a9Hz9.jpg

http://i.*********/SCb5eaJ.jpg
http://i.*********/SCb5eaJ.jpg

Where I get confused is the whole metric and imperial sizing. I bought a 15mm end cap for the boiler side so I know 15mm fits that but is the mains side likely to be 22mm or 3/4"? Is there a flexible hose that I can fit on this that will screw straight on at both ends?

Last edited by a moderator:
Measure it!
no offence mate but don't bother with the job if your asking questions about pipe size. Do not bother with thread end flexi on mains pressure pipe work. Get a plumber
Did you put the end cap on the boiler?

It's probably 3/4". I don't think such a hose exists, and an internet search doesn't show anything.

There used to be a filling loop available with 3/4 one end and 1/2 the other. It was blue like a WM hose. If the double check valve is letting back then your only option is to replace the loop with a new one. The check valve should be on the cold main end to comply with water regs.

It is 3/4", checked it last night. Found a hose on eBay which should do the job.

There used to be a filling loop available with 3/4 one end and 1/2 the other. It was blue like a WM hose. If the double check valve is letting back then your only option is to replace the loop with a new one. The check valve should be on the cold main end to comply with water regs.

Turns out the hose on eBay (despite pictures to the contrary) isn't what I was looking for. Do you know any place where I can get one of those hoses you describe? Or a hose with 1/2" screw fitting on one end and a 3/4" screw fitting on the other end.

3/4 x 15mm Male Iron + Standard Flexi? Or something to that effect

As above. Will get you out of trouble. Plus buy 2x 3/4" caps for when you remove it after it is topped up. (Just like everyone does.....)

This need to be replaced, with the correct type of filling loop, check valve [the one with brass cap] is on wrong pipe, and can fail due to heat from C/heating pipe, this can lead to contaminating the water supply, Local water board would love it ! For what it costs REPLACE IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replace this hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop and then occurs again. I have a little plastic bucket to collect the water, probably about 3 cups of water in a 24 hour period. I was doing some...
Replies
Views
A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her washing machine hose and ramming the dishwasher hose into it, held together with masking tape and charged her 200 quid for the privilege of her...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks. I dropped...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock