Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Replace bath & shower mixer tap diverter in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Ben Jones

Ben Jones New Member

Anyone know how I get to the diverter valve in this? Cant see any obvious way to get the handle off that diverts between bath and shower. When on shower mode the tap is pouring out water at the same time. We've got a full bathroom refurb booked in for in 3 weeks so just need a temporary fix to get us by.

IMG_1524.JPG IMG_1525.JPG

Thanks

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

undo the hex nut infront of the handle ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ben Jones

Ben Jones New Member

Doh, that looked like a show nut. Took the diverter out which was basically a bit of metal that moves some big white plastic thing up and down in the tap so there must be something wrong with the plastic bit but I can't get to that to see.

No one knows any quick bodge fixes that will tide us over for the next three weeks do they?

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Have you tried just replacing any o rings and lubing it up ?

5. Ben Jones

Ben Jones New Member

Couldn't see any O rings, just this white plastic bit behind the diverter head. I'm guessing you must be able to take the top bit of the tap off that doubles as a shower head holder to see the plastic bit inside but felt very solid when I tried to turn it