Search the forum,

Discuss Replace Aqualisa Quartz in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi can anyone recommend what would be the best replacement shower for this please.

received_333240047374851.jpeg

received_2350560335203712.jpeg

received_535057150354452.jpeg

Assuming it's faulty, just replace it with another one. Aqualisa still sell these showers so that would be the easiest option.

Anything other than a new Quartz shower! Terrible showers and unreliable.
Just fit a shower that has cable and pipe on right hand side.
You have plenty space around that shower and a multi fit Mira might suit.
Redring also suit.

Anything other than a new Quartz shower! Terrible showers and unreliable.
Just fit a shower that has cable and pipe on right hand side.
You have plenty space around that shower and a multi fit Mira might suit.
Redring also suit.
Unreliable? They're certainly ugly but I can't say I get many problems with them.

Unreliable? They're certainly ugly but I can't say I get many problems with them.

I also think they are ugly.
Have come across a few giving trouble.
Maybe me just being prejudiced about them. I see them as Gainsborough showers, as think they are linked
You do know there are really virtually no parts available for them? You just replace the ‘engine’ as it is called - the entire works, or else buy complete new shower.
One customer rang me to ask was something wrong with his electrics or plumbing because he was always replacing his Quartz showers when just out of warranty.

The lack of spare parts is a little naff but it's only the same as their digital showers, you can't repair those either. I can't say I've been called to many faults on them though, had to replace a few pressure reliefs on them but that's it.

As for your customer replacing them, where does he live in terms of water hardness in the area? A plumber I used to work with was changing his Mira sport every couple of years, but we're in a high hard water area and he had 4 people using the shower daily so he didn't expect them to last much longer.

Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned the customer has renewed this shower twice in 5 years so has lost faith in the quartz otherwise a straight swap would have been ideal.

I will check out what multifit ones are available.

The showers installed wrong. Why have the spacers been placed over the cables and not used to pack the shower of the wall? Isn't this required by the manufacturer to allow air flow for cooling the unit. Could be why he's having issues.

But if your customer has lost faith then the Mira sport multi fit is probably your best option.

The showers installed wrong. Why have the spacers been placed over the cables and not used to pack the shower of the wall? Isn't this required by the manufacturer to allow air flow for cooling the unit. Could be why he's having issues.

But if your customer has lost faith then the Mira sport multi fit is probably your best option.

Good grief! I hadn’t realised the cables were put through the shower spacers! :p
That shows the installer hadn’t a clue.

Oops! :p Maybe he was.
I didn’t think on that possibility!

..otherwise it looks a perfect install
Far from perfect, the insulation round the cable is cut too far back, There's a clear line about 50mm below the earth connection stating not to strip back the insulation below that point. Also no silicone round the screws or the hole where the pipe and cable come through the wall. The shower hose is also not within the retaining ring, but we can't blame the installer for that as it's usually the first thing the customer does ;)

Reply to Replace Aqualisa Quartz in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock