Search the forum,

Discuss Replace a Potterton kingfisher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening,

Been to look at a Potterton Kingfisher tonight.

Customer has stripped all the casing off looking for a leak. They said after running, radiators will start to heat up then the boiler cuts out and water appears on the floor. They have lived there for 35 years and the boiler was in when they moved in.
They don't want any repair attempted, have just asked for a quote to replace. They have a gas fire and an immersion and have said they want it done in 6 weeks.

For those of you who have replaced a kingfisher, what did you fit in it's place?

Y plan, gas is there in 22.
Just looking for best swap.
Thanks

Is the cylinder pre lagged? Where is the boiler located? External wall or middle of house? How big is the house and how many bathrooms?

Is the cylinder pre lagged? Where is the boiler located? External wall or middle of house? How big is the house and how many bathrooms?

Cylinder is prelagged.

Boiler is on an external wall (porch)

1 bathroom.

Mid terrace house 10 rads.

Forgot to say, they don't want a combi as they like having the immersion in the event of the boiler dying like it has now.

They want the new boiler in the same position, they are not particularly fussy. They said they just want to keep everything as simple as it is now. No interest in technology, want the rads to get hot when they turn it on. :D

Cylinder is prelagged.

Boiler is on an external wall (porch)

1 bathroom.

Mid terrace house 10 rads.

Forgot to say, they don't want a combi as they like having the immersion in the event of the boiler dying like it has now.

They want the new boiler in the same position, they are not particularly fussy. They said they just want to keep everything as simple as it is now. No interest in technology, want the rads to get hot when they turn it on. :D
Vaillant 4 series for me then. Is there a pump live/over run at the boiler?

I would have to run a cable to the boiler from the pump but this is straight forward.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check out the vaillant 4 series.

I call them the 4 series but it is an ecotec plus 412/415/418/424/430/435 the last 2 digits are the KWs

Yes mate but better in my opinion.

Thanks, I think I'm going to go for one of these, I've fitted a few different vaillant combis and liked them. Will make a change to worcester and ideal. Will see what the customer saysafter they have seen the quote.

For what it’s worth I’m with Harvest.
4 series.
If I were you I would work out the heat requirement for the property and add 8000 btu for the cylinder.
Presuming it’s a copper 36x18 (old type). You’ve seen it though so you’ll know what the requirements for that will be.

You should allow for a good flush too but you will probably have thought of that.

Thanks for the replies.

Will be putting a quote together this weekend, I have plenty of photos and notes to go off.

Will be renewing 3port, pump is 3weeks old. All new controls and a rewire.

can you convert to s plan? easier in the long run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replace a Potterton kingfisher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock