Search the forum,

Discuss Repeat toilet blockage? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys. Other than removing a toilet and physically removing a blockage, are there any products or tools that are worth a go?

Depends whats down there mate .
I have a plunger that I have had for years , no idea where I got it from but its ace , I will post a pic tomorrow.

Hi guys. Other than removing a toilet and physically removing a blockage, are there any products or tools that are worth a go?
Best advice, use an old fashioned mop...the string ones
push it into bog pan gently then pump it up and down...you will generate massive hydraulic pressure....top tip keep your mouth closed when doing this
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

I think the OP wants a swanky new tool! Not an old mop or plunger!

Are we not going to help him spend his hard earnt money?

Lets entice him to buy a drain camera.
That will let him know what and where the blockage is.

If repeat blockages are occurring, a camera inspection is a must.

If it’s a repeat blockage, then you need to sort the problem out. Whether it’s drain related, svp related or even wc pan related.

As for tools just a drain rod with a 6” plunger works for me, easily cleanable. Clears most easy blockages.

Bluetooth digital drain rods are not always water resistant, recommend analogue rods if still available at your merchant.

Seriously tho, I'd check for :
- a flexi or similar misdemeanor behind the pan,
- Repeated bends immediately after the pan slowing the flow.
- Low volume flush not clearing the pan, it has been known for the half flush operation to be disabled in this case. (not by me, obvs.):D

I dont know if there is a british standard for bog paper but the Aldi and Lidl ones we have had dont seem the as others and I wonder if they break up as easily. centralheatking

Yes but does it have the new Bluetooth connectivity, HD resolution and NiCads for fast recharging? You have to go with German technology to take the abuse and a I just love their extended warranties.

No it’s a Bog-standard :p

Yes but does it have the new Bluetooth connectivity, HD resolution and NiCads for fast recharging? You have to go with German technology to take the abuse and a I just love their extended warranties.

Also toying with the idea of non Bluetooth not good for getting wet, but Li-ion battery, with a built in sensor capable of downloadable data - tells me how many blockages cleared, how big blockage was, how many times I had to plunge to clear - very advanced technology :D

I dont know if there is a british standard for bog paper but the Aldi and Lidl ones we have had dont seem the as others and I wonder if they break up as easily. centralheatking

I recall bog paper tests where the only consistent performer was andrex - not the posh or quilted gold plated versions. It was a Which test and looked at flushability & VFM.

Reply to Repeat toilet blockage? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock