Search the forum,

Discuss Repair minor leak on an old 1930s cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Claireloussou

I've got an old cooker from 1930s (see attached photo) and I'm looking for someone who could help to fix a minor leak on it. I don't need the gas engineer to certify it is gas safe, someone else that my housing association employ will do it. I just need someone who can repair and maintain it for me. I'm based in Hackney, London Cooker.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's a proper piece of history there. And cleaner than most new cookers I see in property's. Hope you find someone. Might help if you give a location.

Hi, i am presuming it is disconnected and you are not using it.
As it has a gas leak it presents a danger to you and anyone else present.
Make sure you have it disconnected until safe to use.

Regards

All the old boys might get excited by that old relic but I say it needs scrapping & a nice modern one fitted :smug2:

If the owner's had it from new, they'll be almost as old as me and require a FSD for their own safety. If its second hand, then TB022 will be difficult to satisfy, and the housing association could have their own interpretation. Before spending on repair make sure it will be compliant.

only need to have fsd fitted if they relpace the cooker for new!

for the owner anyone working on the cooker needs to be gas safe and most folks now wouldnt know anything about that one, but if the leak is from the gas taps, the correct application of the correct grease resolves most leaks, none of which are ever MINOR

I agree with lame plumber. There's never a 'minor' gas leak as any leak is dangerous, and he's right about the correct grease thing as well. I remember having to service cookers in the early to mid 80's and that was one of the most common faults that I came across.
Can't see the picture though so can't say for sure

This isn't the forum for discussion.

If this job interests you please PM Claire direct. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Repair minor leak on an old 1930s cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock